1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Bass Company.....Gone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bizmo, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Bizmo

Bizmo

Mar 13, 2006
    I just started to change strings on my MJ5 & found there was no intonation screw & spring installed for the A string. Clicked on my favorites link to EMail them, & it comes up that their domain name is available now. They fold up shop & leave us who bought their POS basses high & dry?

Biz

2. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    POS? hardly, They have a rep that posts here, do a search and send him a pm. The basses that I've had of theirs are a class act, don't know what happened with yours. yeah I checked it out and it say they are pending renewal or deletion. this does spark some concern. Anybody know anything?

3. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    It Would be good to hear from them here again.

I haven't seen a post from them in quite some time.

4. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    From what I've heard, they may be company that gets my next purchase...But that will be in a long while...

This domain name expired on 04/05/2006 and is pending renewal or deletion.

5. Billy Low

Billy Low

Apr 14, 2003
    Chicago
    Sandberg Guitars
    I have been trying to contact them via telephone for the past few days...no luck.

6. Have you tried contacting them via the Ebay "ask the seller a question" link on the link I posted above? If they're actively selling on Ebay, they have some incentive to respond to questions, otherwise report them to Ebay.

7. Billy Low

Billy Low

Apr 14, 2003
    Chicago
    Sandberg Guitars
    Thanks!

8. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Give 'em a week. They've got a good reputation around here and one of their workers has posted here fairly recently. They're a small company, and by all accounts, they've been working on a custom shop lately. I'm sure one of the farthest things from their collective minds is renewing their domain name.

9. i just pulled the trigger on one, and i couldnt pay through paypal so i emailed darrel about getting it worked out.

we tried calling both the toll free and custom service #'s and they didnt work. he said thast cause their lines are disconected and he's been working through his office at home, he never said anything about it going down though...
    still, we gave him our house # and he hasnt called to comfirm the order

10. Billy Low

Billy Low

Apr 14, 2003
    Chicago
    Sandberg Guitars
    That I can understand. As to their reputation, this is one of the reasons that made me reconsider my first thoughts of the company. Seeing one of the reps respond in the manner that he did said alot. I'm not one to jump band wagons, but I paid particular attention to the posted remarks about these products. They were not your run of the mill "these are cool, so everybody should have one" statements.

With that said, I'm willing to be patient.

Hopefully, things work out for the best for TBC and their faithfull customers!