Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Bass Company

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WhatOtto, Dec 16, 2003.

1. WhatOtto

WhatOtto

Dec 10, 2003
    Portland, OR.
    Any of you here familiar with this brand? There is a bass at my local music retailer that I kinda like. I went to the bass companys web site and did not see that particular bass in their catalog. The one they have at my local shop is a P-style body, with gloss red finish with a MM style pup in the "sweet spot" It plays nice and the price tag is in the low $500's.

Just wondering before I might sink half a grand into something that might be bunk and over priced....

2. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
  3. WhatOtto

WhatOtto

Dec 10, 2003
    Portland, OR.
    Sounds promising, except for that it looks like their truss rod nuts break easily......

I guess what I was getting at with my original post is that thier web site does not show a bass like this one. Maybe it's just a TBC neck on something else....

4. RonnieZMagnum

RonnieZMagnum

Jun 12, 2003
    I have one of the TBC basses you are talking about. Well almost, mine has dual MM style pickups with a rasberry finish. But my local store did have the single pickup model.

Actually I grabbed mine because it had a Music Man/G&L sound to it, plus it was made in the USA. Store also had them on sale, got mine for about half what your talking.

No real complaints, everyone that plays it seems to like it.

Was trying to sell mine for a couple dollars less than what I bought it for, looking to raise cash for a 5 String Stingray, but there is no name recognition so they pass it off.

Very little play time, exellent condition, hasn't left the house other than taking it to lessons once in a while.

If any interest e-mail me at kraynak@optonline.net