The best pream for Underwood Pick-up

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by MarexBass, Aug 22, 2005.

1. MarexBass

Aug 21, 2005
    First, dispense my English.
    Second. After reading 1 million of forums ( with my complication when having that to translate them ), I need expert help to attack with but sign to the my Ampeg B100R ( rocket bass ), since I utilize Underwood pick up and ropes nylon, weedwhacker and gut.
    That you create preamp that he is better? ( K and K of Golligur ), do I model? Sound but I do the cleaning ?
  2. I'll be honest, it's hard to understand your post. I assume that you are asking what preamp would work best with an Underwood pickup.

I've had limited experience with preamps, but I've been very happy with the Fishman Platinum preamp. It has a very simple but powerful eq section, and several tools that are useful in controlling feedback, including a phase switch and a high pass filter. Batteries seem to last a long time in it as well, and it's built very durably. It is available from Bob Gollihur on his site, his prices and service are good, and he ships internationally.
  3. MarexBass

Aug 21, 2005
    thanks for your answer

That is my consultation,I feel not to explain well in post.Single I speak Spanish (south of Spain),and post I am it translating. :crying:
    Indeed I have the doubt between fishman and k&K preamp 97.
    As it will work better with underwood ?
  4. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    No K&K! Not good with Underwood. Fishman yes!
  5. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    The input impedance of the K&K is too low for the Underwood.
    Go with the Fishman!
  6. MarexBass

Aug 21, 2005
    Thanks to wholes for your information.
    I Was Ignorant Of underwood's limitations