The End has come

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by socialleper, Feb 6, 2017.

1. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    With all the hub bub of the Super Bowl this weekend, the end of Black Sabbath's final tour wasn't on American's minds. Now, I know that bands "quitting" and then getting back together is supper common, and the band has said they may play the occasionally show. It is still a bitter sweet moment.
    I'm 99.99% sure that no one from the band is reading Talk Bass, but I'd just like to put out into the internet aether my thanks to them (all of the members of Black Sabbath, not just the current main three) for doing so much for so many. Many bands kind of just fade away, and Sabbath almost did (Forbidden anyone?), but I'm glad that they finished strong.
    They've earn some rest. Cheers guys.

Obese Chess and charlie monroe like this.
  2. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    If they do a reunion tour in a few years like so many bands that have recently split up I'll be mad as hell. Bummed I never got to see them but glad they went out strong.

3. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    They haven't ruled out a show or two, or possibly a recording, but they (specifically Tony) said that a full tour is impossible to keep doing. With all the members in their late 60s, and Ozzy eyeing his solo work, something outside a show once in a while doesn't seem likely.

Obese Chess likes this.
  4. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Yeah, I realize they're a significantly younger/newer band but I paid decent money to see Thrice's "Last Tour Ever" and wasn't about to shell out even MORE money for their reunion tour less than four years later.