1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Hagstrom that got away (CL scam)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by YuppyPunk, Nov 1, 2013.

1. YuppyPunk

YuppyPunk

Oct 21, 2011
    Like many of you I peruse CL looking for deals on gear. I came across this the other day. $75 for a old Hagstrom??? What a find. So I email the guy and get no response. In the meantime, I look through the Hagstrom club on TB trying to learn more about it. It's a Futurama. Then I find this site. Cool that first pic looks like the one in the CL ad....wait as sec....not just like it, exacly like it....the back ground is the same too!!

I figure the odds of a UK page from 2003 using the same photo as a CL seller in Amish country PA is pretty low. Looks like some phisher just got my email address and more penis enlargement spam is coming my way.

2. What a strange scam. Why not post an iPhone for $75?

3. I agree. Maybe he's just too lazy to take a picture and upload it? CL is full of people posting stock pics of the gear they're selling.

4. YuppyPunk

YuppyPunk

Oct 21, 2011
    Casting a wide net?

There are lots of vintage guitar collectors out there and I suppose listing this in various town across the country could yeild many emails addresses with little effort.

5. kohntarkosz

kohntarkosz Banned

Oct 29, 2013
    Edinburgh - Scotland
    That should set off alarm bells right away. What use do the Amish have of electric instruments?