Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Labryinth -or- Willow?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hateater, Jun 13, 2004.

1. The Labryinth

23 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. Willow

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    My vote goes for The Labryinth.

2. i voted labrinenth caus i like mazes better than trees. i've never seen either movie.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I vote The Labryinth.

4. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Labryinth gave me freaky arse nightmares when I was a kid. I have no idea why.... :eek:

5. Willow

6. Maybe you have always had some fear deep inside you that you would get lost some where, far from home, and never be able to find your way back, or maybe you are afraid that no matter how hard to try you wll never find your way out of the place you are in, be it your home town or Wal-Mart. If it was infact the laberinth that gave you the nightmares.
    But when all is said and done I don't know you and what you fear, and am probably wrong.

7. labryinth, becuase it has a cooler name, never saw either of the movies though...

8. neither

9. Does it count if people vote but have never seen either? I don't think it should.

wHAteVa its just a poll that will be forgoten about in a month or so...(no offense to the creator, but this is OT.)

10. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    It could be that when I was 4 the concept of getting turned into a goblin was realistically imaginable and frightening.

I AM scared of getting forever lost in Walmart though... shudder.

11. 1) I understand that.

2) aren't we all? I know I do.

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    All you guys are REALLY voting for David Bowie's Bulge and you know it!

13. AAHHHH!!!!!

14. hateater

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    If you have never seen either than you should not be voting. I know that this thread will get lost, but while on vacation, I had a rather lengthy argument about which movie was better. I chose The Labryinth because I am a big Bowie fan, and the whole story works well. Willow is a great movie, but I just don't dig it as much. As far as soundtracks go, I am 100% positive that The Labyrinth soundtracks kills Willow. Killer bass playing + sax + sound fx + sex vox = The Labyrinth.

15. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    It's all about Willow and you guys know it. It's the ultimate story of the little guy (no pun intended) overcoming insurmountable odds. Plus, the Brownies kicked ass.

16. hateater

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR

THe Hobbit is the ultimate story of the little guy overcoming insurmountable odds.

17. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

Yeah, that's true. Hey, I heard they were going to make a movie trilogy out of some of Tolkien's books....does anyone know anything about that? ;)

18. hateater

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR

I am so sick of the typical fantasy plot. I like Stephen King's approach to the whole fantasy series with "The Dark Tower". He stated that his time (and ours) has had it's share of wizards and such. I can't remember the rest.

19. Dude Tolkien's work basically invented the genre, just about eveything now a days is based of some of his ideas.

20. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Ummm...you know I was kidding about the Tolkien Trilogy thing right?