1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Master Rig - Mockup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jazzercountry, Jul 20, 2012.

1. jazzercountry

jazzercountry

Apr 12, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Ok, I've got everything pretty much laid out and it's time to share!

The blanks on the smaller board are for a 6 loop bypass strip along the bottom (in the mail now) and a VFE Alpha Dog (as soon as I find one....haha).

The small board is pretty straightforward, the order is:
    Tuner-OC2-Musket-Mastotron-(RAT)-Bit-Pork Loin-MWBD2-BEF

The bypass strip is so I don't have to try and be coordinated!

The bigger board is:
    Tuner-LS2-M13 FX RTN-Thumpinator-M87
    LS2 loop A goes to jacks to patch in the smaller board
    LS2 loob B goes to M13 in and FX send

This way I can run any of the outboard pedals parallel with either an M13 effect (esp octave, synth, pitch shift...) or just the clean tone, then straight in to the rest of the M13 for any of the other craziness. If it's a guitar gig, I can just bring the M13 and bypass the LS2. For that, I'll have a scene set up where the FX loop is placed before any of the internal effects.

Anyhow, now the real fun begins!

MonsterRigMockup.

M13Mockup.

DirtMockup.

2. DeadPoet

DeadPoet

Jun 4, 2003
    Belgium
    Looks great!

Things I've noticed and wondering about:

- why two tuners?
    - I would switch the tuner and ls-2 on the m13-board... I figure the ls-2 will be switched on/off during a song? If so you could hit the pedal just below it ..

Herwig

3. jazzercountry

jazzercountry

Apr 12, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks!

2 tuners so the boards can be used separately. The LS2 will be either on or off based on whether I'm using both boards, so I'll never have to step on it much. The M87 is just there to squash any giant peaks that try and jump out.

4. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    interesting. my question would be why a tuner at all on the board with the M13? the reason i like the M9 is it covers 3 effects that i think it does really well, gives about 3 or 4 more that aren't great but are tweaky and weird enough to work one time as intro stuff, and kills my need for a tuner. all those go into justifying the space it takes up, and it's still a close call on going to single pedals. for me of course, ime imo all that.

but the tuner works as well as stand alone tuners so far.

5. jazzercountry

jazzercountry

Apr 12, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    I just really like the speed and accuracy of those turbo tuners. Line 6 tuners have always been frustrating to me.

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Yeah I had a Turbo Tuner on my board with the M13 because the M13 won't track below Low B and I tune Low A.

It's also a lot quicker to access the Turbo tuner than the one on the M13.

Very nice setup