1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The New GK Combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chubfarm2001, Aug 12, 2012.

1. chubfarm2001

chubfarm2001 Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2010
    St. Marys, Ohio
    Does anyone know when these are coming out? I am GASing really bad about the 212. Also, is it going to be in the same $$$ range as the current MB212? Thanks.

2. Arnie

Arnie

May 14, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    Aren't they out already? I was just at a music store and he was touting the new MB series. They had an MB115 in stock ($440.00) but they told me the MB210 would be killer 500 watt (@ 4 ohms) with a speaker output, and it is sooooo lite.

3. chubfarm2001

Sep 9, 2010
    St. Marys, Ohio
    Are they? I haven't seen any anywhere.

4. I think I read that GK is hoping to start shipping the new MB-II combos and MBP cabinets by the end of this month or early Sept.

5. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I would be shocked if your music store already had a new MB115 series 2 in stock, did you see it ?

The new ones have a cloth grill and the older ones have a silver metal grill,,,, the new MB115's are not due to ship for a while yet,, the new MB410 is spose to ship this month with the MB115 to follow.

The only new MB that has shipped and is being sold right now is the MB112.

Cheers
    Davyo

6. I'm curious as to where these new models will be made?

7. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    USA.

8. Arnie

Arnie

May 14, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    No, mine had the metal grill yet. But what's different? these were very nice and lite.

9. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

This would be very surprising since all MB heads so far came out of China.

10. all manufacturing moved near the end of last year for all products.
    Despite being a GK owned and supervised factory in China, QC was dissatisfactory so GK moved all production back to the US.

11. Thanks, yeah I think I remember reading something about this a few months back.

12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Now this is a great move. You guys should advertise a big lot about this.

13. The new MB-II combos have black cloth grills, ext out, etc. Take a look here http://www.gallien-krueger.com/products/combos/ I have two older MB115 (metal grills) - and I really want one of the new little tiny 100w, 21lbs, MB110 combo dressing room warm up bass amps.

14. I'm thinking of adding the MB112 to a Microbass 150 rather than the recommended 12" sealed cab. Still have the 100 watts from the 150, plus 200 watts from the MB112. I play sitting most of the time, in the middle of a band, so I'm thinking of pointing the MB112 towards the audience, and setting the 150 on top of it, pointing at me. The new look shown on the web site is nice.

15. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    So if they are made in USA the new ones will be more expensive, right?

At least they finally fixed the damn XLR jack ;)

16. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Yeah, but $300 is a tad pricey :crying:

17. chubfarm2001

Sep 9, 2010
    St. Marys, Ohio
    Ok thanks for the info everyone. Does anyone know if the prices will stay the same? A new MB212 currently runs around $699, with used going around $500+. I read somewhere that the new ones will be around $799. Can anyone shed any light?

18. The new amps cost a little more to make in the USA now but I still want a new little 100w, 21lbs, MB110 combo.

The new amps are now made in the USA rather than China so the price will be a little higher.

19. I emailed Gallien-Krueger the other day to ask when they are going to release the new model MB115 II. Jason Finley wrote back saying that it will be released this September and that they are sorry for the delay.