1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Skjold Club (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by john turner, Mar 5, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  2. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Oh snap. Look who is first to subscribe...

Just got back from a killer rehearsal with the Bubinga Monster. Totally smoked in my SRV style trio.

3. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Soon I shall have my quilted feather... soon... :)

4. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    Looks like I'm beating all of you guys...just spoke with Pete yesterday and my new-to-me Skjold will be in my hands tomorrow evening!! Pete gave it a once over, polished the frets up, filled in a couple of minor dings, and he said it is as good as new and that the previous owners took great care of it (thanks to Ptidwell, Tony G and Nickybass...it is Nickybass...right?).

With all of my experience, although limited compared to some TB'ers here, Pete ranks up there as one of the nicest guys who gives freely of his time to even would-be customers. I can't wait to play this beast.

5. ptidwell

ptidwell Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    Tony,
    Enjoy it! It is a player. BTW it's getting closer to home, if you decide to give it up give me first right of refusal.

6. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    You got it, Paul. By the way, I'm headed your way this weekend and will probably have the Skjold and maybe my Lull with me if you want to play it (if I can get away from class at a reasonable hour). PM me if you're available.

7. I had a wonderful conversation with Pete yesterday as my bass nears completion. I never really had talked with Pete before. Wonderful guy (as many of you know already), and even though he is a young pup compared to me, it seems that we have similar player influences back in the day. Very cool. I look forward to getting this bass in the next month or so.

8. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Congrats! (and you're welcome ;)) That bass is a true player! It was perhaps the most well balanced bass on a strap that I've ever played. It also has a very, very good tone, and the playability is among the easiest I've ever layed my hands on. It is the only bass I've owned and sold that I really wish I could give one more chance. Unfortunately for me the time and money just can't seem to line up for that to happen.

9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Pfft!!! You are like 5th in line, bud. But you are beating Vic, which is always fun. :D

10. bassjamn

bassjamn Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    /subscribe, I need in on this club too :ninja:

11. bassjamn

bassjamn Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Numbers like a deli checkout line??
    *searches pockets for #*

12. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    Got here as soon as I could. I've been playing my Lion's Pride!:D

Rehearsal at church tonight with my new Skjold, then leading worship on Sunday morning with it too!:eek:

I am really enjoying this bass. I am much more accustomed to the neck now. Changing the strings made a big difference to my hands.

13. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Actually, you're already club member 13!

I have a feeling we're going to get a small flurry of new club members here, so I'll double check my records (file at home) and post a complete list. Another club I'm at least currently in charge of is a bit more active and I post "mega updates" about every 10 new members or so. Kinda' nice to see the complete list every once in a while.

14. Pako

Pako Are we having fun yet?

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
    Do we have any other sound clips that we can check out?

@Basso Gruvitas,
    Do you guys ever record your rehearsals? Services? Would love to hear that new bass in the mix. :)

15. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    Sorry, nothing is recorded. Even during the service, the only thing recorded is the sermon.

Also, the weather has caused us to cancel our rehearsal - postponed to Saturday morning, so my Skjold will have to wait. I'll probably still pull it out to fiddle with tonight.

16. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Ok, so we almost had another dupe in the member list, here's the mega update! Folks, take note if you've already been assigned a number and forgot! :)

# 1 Vic
    # 2 tombowlus
    # 3 Juneau
    # 4 Biker4Him
    # 5 G
    # 6 JoshB
    # 7 Matt Morgan
    # 8 ptidwell
    # 9 WJGreer
    #10 Pete skjold
    #11 cardboardJoe
    #12 bassjam
    #13 bassjamn
    #14 dcr
    #15 Smallequestrian
    #16 soniq
    #17 tbone0813
    #18 BIGREDSIX
    #19 giantjerk
    #20 Samjay
    #21 Pako
    #22 Ron Plichta
    #23 NickyBass
    #24 poptart
    #25 drgregn
    #26 vicenzajay
    #27 bobpalt
    #28 Stevem627
    #29 Saluki
    #30 rockstarbassist
    #31 Halftooth
    #32 turbine

17. Pako

Pako Are we having fun yet?

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
    Bummer. Just trying to live vicariously through you guys that are lucky enough to have taken delivery of their basses. :)

18. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    You're right! It does feel good! But he's been rubbing it in my face with those pics of his pro deluxe for these past few months...

19. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    I HAVE NOT! (wanna' see it again?) ;) :D

20. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    God, a third part? The first two were killing me. :( I don't think I can handle another 1,000 posts of these beauts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.