Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The puppy thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Scott French, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Scott French

Scott French Dude Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    I got a puppy so I wanted to make a thread for puppies. There's about a million old dog threads if you do a search so I didn't know which to reply to. None seemed very long or all inclusive for puppies. If you have a puppy put it in this puppy thread!

I got Beatrix a few weeks ago. I just call her B. My mom got her brother named Dakoda. They turned 10 weeks yesterday. As of 8 weeks they weighed 17lbs (B) and 20lbs (Dakoda).

This is a lot of fun for me. I've never had a dog that is all mine. I've wanted a Great Dane for a few years but wasn't ever in a good situation to have one. Now I have some time and live in a big house with a big yard (not that it matters, they never get left alone... big babies). It helps that my mom got the brother. I can leave B at my mom's house to be babysat when I need to go work and I can watch Dakoda when my parent's need a break.

B is a black Great Dane female.
    [​IMG]
    (Her eyes only look like this in photos.)

[​IMG]

Dakoda is a Harlequin male.
    [​IMG]

This photo is pretty recent. It doesn't matter, they grow so fast it's impossible to keep up in photos.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    How about these puppies?

SO WHAT ABOUT THAT PICTURE DID YOU THINK WAS OK. PM SENT

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Man, just when my head was about to explode from cuteness overload, you had to go do that. Thank you, Sonorous. You just saved my life.

Granted, I may be blind and sterile the rest of my life, those are minor quibbles.

4. Scott French

Scott French Dude Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    That pic may have me going blind for another reason.

(forget I said that)

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    ROFL

6. How come that bizarre whale got washed ashore on a bed?!? :confused:

7. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Here's Beau, my standard Poodle at 12 weeks

[​IMG]

And here at 10 months

[​IMG]

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Of course no TB puppy thread is complete without a picture of Roxie the boxer:

[​IMG]

brad cook

9. Rick,
    That's a beautiful dog. It's not what I associate with the word poodle. I hadn't seen one until this past summer, and that guy was a big, sweet doofy dog named Elvis. He was way cool!

10. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    Thanks. Yeah, he's been great. He's a very happy dog and and fairly mellow for a 10 month old. But he's always ready to go nuts at the slightest sign of play time.

Most people do have a bad impression of the Poodle as the mini and particularly the toy have given them a bad rap.

The Standard Poodle, as the original Poodle, is alot like Labs and Goldens. Just great, good natured, active retrievers but without the shedding.

11. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    HAHAHA! Thats so bad...but so good.

12. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    really all of your dogs are really cute and all, but my dog will kick all of your dog's asses!

:spit:

;)

just kidding! Jaco the Rottweiler is a big 8 month old goof that loves furry friends

:)

14. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    80+ lbs. of brat

15. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    some more when he was a little brat:

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Puppies (nintendogs aka Puppy times)

17. He's 80lbs already, Carlos??? :eek:

Cool. :cool:

Mike ;)

18. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    yeah, breed standard is 110 for a male :eek:

he's able to yank on my arm fairly well, so i have to hold the leash with both
    hands close to my body. he's trained well, but i have accepted training will last
    during his entire lifespan.

he will yank pretty hard when the trash can monster is in the front yard, but is even
    worse when the stick monster is in the yard after a good tree trimming ;) :D

19. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    Apparently we've got shadow monsters. Thank god Beau is there to protect us cuz we didn't even know they were there

20. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    dogs are just so cute! :)

i don't know what i would do with out Jaco.

nothing is worse than taking Jaco out for a pee at 3am and one of the shadow monsters try to approach. Jaco's bark is like my Eden/Aguilar stack - thunderous!!! he can wake the whole street! :D