1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

The Rental Diaries

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Signalsdrone, Aug 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Signalsdrone

Signalsdrone

Feb 6, 2017
    SW Ontario
    I posted about mixing cabinets before and basically received a "let your ears do the walking" reply. Since I have an older bass cabinet that I've been trying to find a mate fo. I've been looking on Kijiji for a mate for my Eden D115T so I thought that if I tried a few different configurations out, I might find something that works. So, I went to the local music store and rented a few cabs. You can save boatloads of cash by renting for couple of days.

Everything was played through a Traynor SB500H. I start all tests at flat, gain and volume at 12 oclock. The tone on the Rumblekat is rolled all the way off, neck pup maxxed and bridge at 50%.

Here's what I have learned,
    [​IMG]

Eden D115T paired with Traynor TC210 and TC115

I brought the Traynors home and they were managable going up and down the basement steps as they were not too heavy and not too bulky. I set them up in the basement, turned on the amp, played some tunes and proceeded to send my drop ceiling vibrating to the point that it was pissing me off. So, I dragged everything outside onto the deck.

As it turns out, the Traynor TC210 and TC115 together sounded pretty good. I tried the Eden D115T with the TC115, the big cones together and it was somewhat disappointing. It sounded ok, might have been better if I had monkeyed around with the amp settings, deep but kind of undistinct. I tried the TC210 by itself and it was nice and punchy. It didn't sound as smooth and deep as my 15" but it sounded ok nevertheless. Then I paired the Eden D115T and the TC210 and it sounded really good. I could hear the low down smooth and a bit of punch. I then put the TC210 on the bottom of the pile and stacked the Eden on top and it sounded even better. It seemed punchier to me with the 10's on the bottom.

This weekend I rented a different cab, the Gallien Krueger 410 NEO. The cabinet I rented is 4 ohms so I couldn't add my Eden in with the GK but why the hell would you need more speakers with this beast.

First impressions, it is not too heavy but is a bit unruly. With the casters on the bottom, it makes it harder to slide down the basement steps.
    When I fired up the amp with everything set the same as always, it was much louder....and deeper. It begged for more juice so I turned it up. After 10 minutes my wife was complaining about the floors and cutlery vibrating, pots and pans shaking and the dogs refused to come inside. So, I had to take everything out on to the deck again. All I can say is WOW, this beast rocks! I need a 410 for sure. The bluesy stuff might sound better on something tamer but for jamming while stupid on beer and wine and cranking it up, it rocks. I need me one of these cabs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    deathness and S-Bigbottom like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021