Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Replacements...?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by invader3k, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Dunno if anyone is into this much underappreciated band as me. I've been looking for Replacements bass tabs and haven't really found any...I've found a few guitar chord tabs, but they're usually kind of vague. Does anyone know of a site with Replacements bass tabs? If not, maybe someone can help me figure out some of the classic Replacements songs...I'm trying to figure out "Bastards of Young" right now.

Thanks.

2. BUMP...anyone?

3. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Have you tried Taborama.com? Pretty good site but I have no Idea of what they have for The Replacements.

They were great one of my favorite 80's bands.

4. I haven't played that song in years, but I remember that one being pretty simple. It can be hard figuring out some of those bass lines because the tone makes the parts non-distinct.

5. Yeah, he follows the guitar a lot, and when he does throw something different in, it can be hard to catch. Also, you're right, the bass doesn't cut through so much in a lot of the Replacements' songs. I mean, aside from obvious ones like "Nightclub Jitters" or something.