1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The rest of the Squier VM basses are here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MUSHROOMSeAcOw, Sep 16, 2010.

1. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    No photos, no GAS. :(

2. I wish they would offer the traditional alder instead of the soft maple for the body. It bugs me that it is vintage "modified" I guess ;)

3. Tonegasm

Tonegasm

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    Seriously. :rollno:

4. tedsalt

tedsalt Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Kansas City
  5. jazz looks very....... meh, its another jazz.

P looks cool though would love it if were a vintage tint neck though

6. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I hate to say it, but it seems Squier has surpassed Fender in terms of aesthetics and knowing what their customers want visually from a bass...

7. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    Ahhh. Now were talkin! Stupid Musicians Friend didn't load the pics for me at work. That jazz looks cool, but the P is missing something. Maybe a red tortise pickguard would set it off proper.

8. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    I really wish that black jazz didn't have agathis as a body wood. :meh:

9. Lovin' the BnB neck on the Jazz.

10. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I have a strange feeling a LOT of people will be buying this bass just for the neck and swapping out the body and PU's...

11. I'm looking forward to seeing the necks on Ebay.

12. That P bass , with a CV neck( because of the tint) and tort guard, bam.

13. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

Jan 20, 2010
    Central FL
    I can see that J on my wall soon !

14. NNH. MF has had the '77 Jazz and VM-P listed (without pics) for at least 2 or 3 days now.

The Jag is still MIA, although a few people on the boards already have theirs.

15. BassAgent

BassAgent

Dec 2, 2003
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Official Artist: Eich Amplification
    I WANT that Jazz. Replace the pickups (Nordstrand or Fender 75RI) and bridge (BadAss II) and BOOM!

16. Batmensch

Batmensch

Jul 4, 2010
    Media, PA.
    Eeww. Not me, I like the black PG. I hate tort.

17. Batmensch

Batmensch

Jul 4, 2010
    Media, PA.
    Me, I have no intereest in the Jazz, I already have two, but that P-bass is calling my name ...

18. I'm usually not a fan on black guitars and basses, but that Jazz looks VERY sexy.

Though I think if I get a Jazz style bass, I'd get that surf green one on Rondo.

19. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    Id like to take Either of those necks and transplant them onto an ash SX body.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021