1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The top guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGod2013, Jan 15, 2012.

1. BassGod2013

BassGod2013

Jan 14, 2012
    Alright I've been battling this internally for weeks.
    There's this website that sells big name basses and guitars at way low price
    Here's the bass I considered

http://thetopguitars.com/products/2011-Rickenbacker-Black-4-Strings-Electric-Bass-.html

Now this is different than the us models. 1. The knobs, 2. Distance of pickup and bridge, 3. 1 input jack rather than mono and stereo. 4.probably no push pull pop feature.

These instruments are made in china thus the cheapness, but is this bass worth getting? I don't care if it's not the real deal, But if anyone has bought here id love some advice

2. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    No. It's a cheap forgery. Many of them have severe quality issues and if you ever try to sell it in the US you could run into some unpleasant legal issues.

3. They are lying to you right off the bat. Not a good start to a relationship. As I recall, this company even uses a pic of a real Ric, but then ships their own cheapie version.

I suppose if you absolutely must have the shape, then it may be worth paying 5X as much as most other Chinese imports. Rondo/SX sells better quality basses for a fifth of the price. I wouldn't expect to be getting a "Ric Clone" as far as playing or tone, however.

4. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Do you like to support criminals? If so, give them your money and be happy.

5. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    True, but only if he were to tout it as a real Ric