Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Used Bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Zirc, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    He definitely has the right idea, check him out.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    who??? what???

(help us out with some linkage if'n you want us to check something out)

3. +1. :confused: :confused: :confused:

4. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
  5. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
  6. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    cool you have the CUTMAN as your avatar!!!!

The used's bassist is great. My best bass student turned me on to him.

7. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Haha I put Cutsman on there after hanging out with Horse the Band. Very cool guys, great song.

The Used bassist is probably the best post-hardcore bassist in the style. He's extremely rhythmic and does everything to really compliment the writing (and The Used has some of the best music writing). The bassist can really pull his instrument out of the mix as well. Also, GREAT drummer. They all have the right idea about playing catchy music, which is why they sell millions.

Definitely the bassist I look up to right now.

8. i dunno if i agree completely. but he is pretty good and holds down pretty well. i wouldnt say he's outstanding or anything. but u can tell he improved some since the self titled disc. the drummer is decent too. i think instrumentally they are a tiny bit different from the rest of the emo-ish kind of bands, prolly except for Quinn the guitarist. However, they are an amazing band to listen to and see live. i recently saw them here in Fl. awesome guys and great music. Bert has great stage presence and it is always hilarious to hear what he says in interviews.