1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The "Virtual Pedalboard"

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheFantod, Oct 16, 2009.

1. TheFantod

TheFantod #5 of the Pentaverate. Took Col. Sanders' spot.

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    My day job is that of a graphic designer, supposedly. Over the last few months I created a "virtual pedalboard" in InDesign. It's cool 'cause I created a Pedaltrain 2's correct dimensions, then downloaded and sized all the pedal JPEGS from the MF site. The end result is a "life sized" pedalboard, with some ideas of what will fit and so forth. It's also handy for figuring out cable routing and necessary lengths.

The problem for TBers is I doubt many of you have InDesign on your computers. I did find a free Illustrator clone that is pretty close. I've attached a couple of pics, one is the "blank" pedalboard, and the other is a sample layout.

pedaltrain%20copy.
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking about creating a web page with blank pedalboard templates. What do you guys think?

Tim

2. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    This would be cool, man. I've looking to pick up a bigger pedal board and I want to make sure it's the right size.

3. drumandbass

drumandbass

Jun 27, 2009
    +1

It would be really great. :)

4. Sawtooth

Sawtooth

Oct 9, 2009
    Norway
    I think it would be helpful to alot of people, including myself.

5. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    You could even make it a JavaScript or Flash application so you could drag'n'drop the pedals directly from the web page and save/print your layouts.

6. xikbastard

xikbastard

May 7, 2007
    Singapore
    a blank pedalboard with flash and drap and drop will be awesome!

7. You could make it in to a small business - a small PayPal-able fee. At least that would motivate you to keep your product fresh and in working order!

8. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Beards.
    Yeah, that would be awesome.

I got a pt2, turns out a I wanted a ptjr. Could you have different board sizes for reference too? Or know anyone wanting to trade?

9. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
  10. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    I would love this... I wish there was a way to play through it, and tweek the pedals so you could try before you buy!!!!

I am getting a little ahead of the game.

Kool idea. VW's have something like it called Dubmodder... Modify your car before you spend the money..

11. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    Yeah that was posted on I love Fuzz a few days ago...
    I went with this
    file.

12. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Beards.
    awesome. Doesnt have enough pedal though.

13. This would be great, especially for those wanting to experiment with pedals and such before they buy a pedal.