1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

THG Knobs

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Metaldood19, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Didn't really know which thread to post this in so,

has anyone ever had work done through this guy? I emailed him about a week and a half ago on a possible order of custom knobs and he hasn't replied to me yet. It is possible he could be backed up, but I just thought I'd check with my fellow TB'ers and see if anyone has a history of work with him. Thanks!

2. TMart99

TMart99

Sep 22, 2010
    Rockwell, NC
    I have an order in with Roger, since December 16th.

This is my first time ordering from him.

He told he had been ill for a few weeks and that set him back a bit.

Still waiting for my knobs. His work/completion time is starting to run a little long, in my opinion. We'll see how this turns out. I'm not really in a rush or anything, but I'm thinking that we're running into six weeks now; so I'd like to see my knobs arrive. He has a reputation for doing excellent work.

As soon as my knobs arrive, I'll update here.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

I ordered twice from him.
    The quality of work is beyond incredible but I had to wait for several months in both cases.

4. Noaita

Noaita

Jun 6, 2003
    Shameless booster guy.
    Hi all,

I am running behind, at the moment. Leads times are usually 4-6 weeks but with the holidays, NAMM and a death in the family, I have been a bit taxed. I am catching up on orders and emails so please be patient. If you have a deadline approaching, please send me an email and let me know so I can get your goodies to you in time.

Thanks for your understanding.

Roger
    THG

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

To tell you the truth Roger, when we receive the parts we quickly forget about the waiting time.
    Keep the good work coming.

6. TMart99

TMart99

Sep 22, 2010
    Rockwell, NC
    Oh I see. So this is standard.

Okay, I can live with that with no problems at all.

I just didn't know. It's my first time ordering from Roger and admittedly I have been starting to get a little worried.

But if this is standard, then I feel much better.

I definitely prefer quality over speed.

I have more knobs I need to order from Roger. I just wanted to recieve my first set and check them out, first. Before commiting to ordering a bunch more.

Thanks for the responses, guys. And thanks for coming in here and communicating, Roger. It's appreciated.

7. TMart99

TMart99

Sep 22, 2010
    Rockwell, NC
    My first two knobs arrived last week.

You guys were right. What a beautiful piece of work.

Roger is THE MAN!!:D

Can't wait to see the other knobs he's going to make for me.

I'll have some pics, soon.

8. TMart99

TMart99

Sep 22, 2010
    Rockwell, NC
    Black/Ebony Wood.

Dual Inlay Lines....

Beautifully done, Roger!

Click on pics to enlarge:

PB7.

PB9.

pmad_bass likes this.
  9. ^^^ Beautiful work! After I order some new elecs/pups, im going to order some heads for my tuners and knobs. Can't wait.

10. Noaita

Noaita

Jun 6, 2003
    Shameless booster guy.
    Thank you! Those look good on tat bass. I've got your other sets in the works.

Roger
    THG

11. iJazz

iJazz

Jan 9, 2012
    Sussex, WI
    Excited to have found this thread and resource. As my pet project, Woodly Sr., progresses this could well be perfect for what I want.

I'm saving my pennies now, 'cause I know what I want won't be inexpensive.

iJazz - I'm jazzed over this.