1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Thieves suck!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gustobassman, Jan 18, 2013.

1. charlie ford

charlie ford

Dec 30, 2012
    Urbana, IL
    Hey man, if you haven't done it yet, go to the local pawn shops with pics of the items and a copy of the police report, as well as (if you can) mention a reward for the return of the items, but only speak with management about that stuff.

Also keep an eye out on ebay - you can search within a certain radius for things posted that belong to you.

I'm sorry that happened, man, I can't begin to imagine how that feels.

2. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    That is horrible, just horrible. As has been asked, what part of SD do you live?

3. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Hi, i'm in Clairemont. A little side street off Clairemont Drive.

I did make flyers today and got them to Guitar Trader, Repair Zone and Bass San Diego. We hit a couple pawn shops in PB, i'm not really sure if there are any in Clairemont. The list we printed out seems to be mostly Downtown, North Park, and El Cajon.

I don't even have a bass to pick up to try and ease my mind. I never really realized how often i would just grab one and thump for a little bit. This blows.

We do have homeowners insurance. I will be playing again.
    Soon.

4. gustobassman

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    I'm on Indian Way, about 2 blocks south of Clairemont Square. The Po-Po said less than a block from me another house with musicians was hit last week. Same time of day too. Their entire garage of stuff got cleared out.

Not Cool.

I'm calling ADT monday and surveillance is next.

5. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    It's been my experience In most of the stories I've heard like this.

If, there has NOT been reports of multiple break ins, and this kinda took the police by surprise on your block.
    It may be someone you know/knew.

You need to be thinking long & hard about people you've had in your home over the past 12+ months.

BE CAREFUL who you discuss your plans and ideas of any attempts of recovering your items, last thing you want is to be telling the very person every step you're about to make.
    Limit telling your business to those who live in your home.
    If it does turn out to be an acquaintance, you want him to feel safe selling your stuff to pawn shops, and or Craigslist.
    If you're telling people your methods, they'll know to avoid them.

I'd also be looking REAL close at any neighbors who may have seen or heard you playing.
    The instruments make beautiful music to us, but others hear dollar signs.

I hope you're able to recover EVERYTHING!!! Good luck.

6. I'm in Kearny Mesa. Going to look at your thread in Stolen Gear and keep my eyes open. Will try to help anyway I can...

7. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Last night after our gig our drummers van was broken into and they broke out his steering column trying to start the van and take it. What a mess, took police over an hour to get there and I got him home with his equipment 2 hours after the gig. We were in a nice hip area of the city but crime and thugs are everywhere.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

8. BogeyBass

BogeyBass Inactive

Sep 14, 2010
    Could be someone you know, or at least a low life that is friends of a friend that knows there is equipment in the house.

Or local kids , neighbors etc etc that knows the area and had time to scope things out.

sorry about your stuff. alarms dont do much the stuff will still be gone by the time cops get there.
    cameras are better one on the back yard one outfront and a few in the house. so you might have the criminal on video and its good to have a clear shot of the street so you can get license plate numbers.

9. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Totally sucks. Posi vibes from NC for the recovery of your gear, dude.

10. gustobassman

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Thanks everybody. My lady is having a real hard time with this. She lost so many heirlooms it's just sad. Totally useless stuff to anyone but her. Today another neighbor a block away told us about somebody else getting hit, and we hit Home Depot to fortify the place. As i'm asking a Home Depot employee about bolt locks, the guy next to me says "hey we just got hit too, and so did our neighbors". :rolleyes:

@$#%&@#%# THIEVES!!!!

One good thing, we have been in much better contact with our immediate neighbors and they have all been pretty shaken by this too. I saw more outdoor lights on last night than i have in quite some time.

I'm also in need of a 5 string, i have stuff coming up and i'm not sure how fast the homeowners insurance will kick in. I still have my cabs and my old GK800RB but no cables, tuner or power cable. Anyone with a Fender Jazz 5, G&L L-2500 tribute, or a lakland skyline 5 they want to sell, please hit me up. My budget is $600.... it's all i've got left :bawl:

11. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Inactive

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    This is great advice, thanks for posting.

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Man, sorry to hear gusto.

Last February, about the time I moved back in with my parents, there were a string of auto break-ins in the neighborhood. My brothers car was hit about a week before I moved back. My father installed motion-sensored lights in the drive-way and patio. Ive made it a priority not to leave any gear or other valuables in my car.

13. gustobassman

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    For anyone still reading this, check this website..

www.crimemapping.com.

You'll get a very visual image of what's going on around you. Just enter your address. Not that i'm absolutely paranoid now, but my area :scowl: isn't looking so hot lately.

14. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    We live a little off the beaten path, but not far from the city, and the people we bought from said this house was broken into frequently. We had a guy jiggle our front door handle one night, shortly after we moved in.

Now we have nine dogs, and are armed to the teeth.

I can't say everyone should do that, but it is a real deterrent when they hear Rottweilers and Shepherds inside. One dog? Not so much. Nine? Oh yeah.

Sorry about your loss, dude, really.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021