1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thieves suck!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gustobassman, Jan 18, 2013.

1. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    My house was robbed today. 3 basses, my new aggie th500, my lady's Sony HD cam (she shoots sports), all her jewelry and obviously our privacy. The D-bag(s) came in through the dog door.

Violated.

I posted pics of my basses in the lost & stolen forum, but that doesn't get much traffic. I'm already all over craigslist and made phone calls.

Venting now. Thanks.

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Oy. I'm so sorry man. There is very little on this planet I hate worse than someone who thinks they just deserve someone else's stuff. Best of luck getting your stuff/life back.

3. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Jun 28, 2010
    Detroit
    Wow, sorry to hear about that! I can't even imagine the feeling. Good luck getting everything back, and I really hope the thieves get what they deserve, in turn.

4. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    I feel your pain. Its happened to me. You feel as tho you've been raped. I know I did,.

If its any consolation,, the police actually recovered about half of the gear that was stolen!

I hope you can get yoir stuff back,,

this sux so much..

best of luck...

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Ugh. That blows. Sorry to hear. :(

6. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Both of my parent's car got emptied 2 days ago. They even took the freaking locknuts sockets...

I'm sorry to hear that man.

7. TOOL460002

TOOL460002

Nov 4, 2004
    Santa Cruz
    Ah man... sorry. I think I will photograph my serial numbers on EVERYTHING tomorrow. We've had five break-ins in the last 2 weeks in a 10 mile radius. They are two white dudes that use a crowbar on the outer garage door, and then in through there.

Fortunately the dumb asses used credit cards and are on camera at several stores. The also bought parts for a '92 Nissan, so that's another plus. If I see that car I'm on it. Already bike locked all my gear and padlocked it. Two people couldn't move the mess I've locked together; couple hundred pounds of awkward mass.

Humanity sucks. Also had my car vandalized and a bag (of mostly school stuff) taken in 10min while I was inside 711. It took them no time at all. Fortunately a camera was pointed right at them and I got the license plate and make/model. I'm gonna go with an officer to review the video tape tomorrow. It'll have his face for sure.

8. Sorry to hear - it's a horrible feeling for sure. I hope you insurance company is both quick and fair (though I know the moneys just part of it). If the scumbag is caught, I hope he shares a cell with a 6"5' 250 pound sexually frustrated guy named "Choco".

9. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Its happened to me twice in my life . I can sympathize .
    Feeling of violation to say the least .
    Last time the jackass took all my remote controls but left the devices they controlled .

Good luck

10. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    This is a lousy expereince to have to go through - I hope you get compensated adequately in a timely fashion.

I don't know what the situation is in the US, but over here the courts are way too lenient with house breakers in the few cases that get successfully prosecuted. There should be some very serious consequences for anyone caught doing this, even for a first offence.

11. Swipter

Swipter

Sep 7, 2009
    Phoenix
    We have a three car garage and park in the garage. One day the neighbor said to me, "Your home." I said we have been home. He started talking how he never sees me and thought we had gone somewhere. I said no we are inside.

You can come in....no need to knock. Texas doesn't mind. You will never know what's waiting though.

12. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    That's a bummer. What part of San Diego are you in?

13. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    Had a 6'×10' trailer stolen i use for my business, 2 days after Christmas, I feel your pain. Sorry man.

14. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Same thing happened to a local band. Trailer stolen, all their PA, drums, lights, gone. I think it's time to put some really harsh punishments with these crimes.

15. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    Sorry about you being a victim of stupid thieves. I hope you get your stuff back and
    the punks involved get caught and spend some serious time in jail.

16. man, that blows!

i recently had a similar experience, though we just lost some cameras...none of my son's basses or guitars were taken

good vibes from tennessee.

davesignatureII-1.png

17. msact

msact

Jan 8, 2013
    Somewhere in NJ
    I have a home security system. I can control it remotely via my Galaxy Note 2, including the cameras. It's a great thing to have if you have valuables you want to protect. There are several good systems out there that are easy to set up and not all that expensive.

18. lowsideonacurve

lowsideonacurve

Feb 24, 2011
    Sorry to hear it Gusto, I feel your pain. My house was robbed in 2011, the scum pried open the kitchen window, crawled over the sink and took all my gear, TV, Computer, electronics, jewelry and carried everything out through the garage.

My gear showed up on CL 12 months later. I answered the ad, but they didn't reply, so they must have already sold some of it and abandoned the ad.

19. lowsideonacurve

lowsideonacurve

Feb 24, 2011
    I've added a security system since the robbery, nothings foolproof, but when they see signs and cameras they look for an easier target.

20. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    To steal a line from John Prine, "Some humans ain't human"...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021