Thinking about getting and moding a Squier Bronco

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cbnutt, Apr 14, 2018.

1. cbnutt

cbnutt

Jan 9, 2018
    Sounds like fun I think to maybe go nuts on one of these , and yes I know , a set of good pickups is worth more than the bass , but , I think it would be a blast to do it , so lets hear what you've done if you have one , I want ideas please , one of the first thoughts I had was maybe Duncans little P pickups like the one in the new JMJ mustang , so lets hear what you've done or would do on all out mods, Thanks . :)

2. HPIM4899.JPG HPIM4900.JPG HPIM4901.JPG
    I bought this recently off Evil Bay...so I did not modify it. The pickup by neck pocket is a Dimarzio DP 124. I believe the middle pickup is stock with a black cover and by the bridge is a All Parts Chome bridge pickup. A standard "Fender style" bass bridge is installed...however the strings at the bridge dont line up the the pickup poles. I do have a "vintage" threaded saddle bridge on order to line up the strings/poles on the bridge pivu[p better.

cbnutt and TheMinutemen like this.
  3. cbnutt

cbnutt

Jan 9, 2018
    I wonder if there is any inotation problems with 2 saddle bridges they come with ?

4. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    The E string on mine is a little off with the stock strings but that's about it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    cbnutt likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022