Thinking about pulling the trigger on an 06 Rockbass corvette...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TerenceE, Jan 23, 2016.

1. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    So I'm lookin at buying a Rockbass corvette active 5 string. New strings new jack fresh set up. Guy is asking $300 CND which seems like a good price. I've tried to find the exact model....here is the serial number provided

rba030075-06

Trouble is I can't seem to find any information with this serial number

Wondering if anyone can give me some input on this particular bass at this price. It's a 2006 by the serial number and it's the deep blue finish.

Any help would be awesome

Cheers!

2. TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Part of it is I have to sell my ltd to buy it and I don't want to be disappointed in the Warwick lol. I know there is a lot of debate on the quality differences between the German vs Korean made ones Wish I had a pic of it to help!

3. beaglesandbass

beaglesandbass Think first, then post? Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    I've had the active 4 string. Very good bass. Though $300 Canadian is $212 USD... for that price I'd be pretty skeptical about the condition it's in.

4. TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Cheapest one I've seen sold on here is $250 usd. eBay is $500 range and retail new from musicians friend is like $1200 CDN

5. beaglesandbass

beaglesandbass Think first, then post? Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Are you able to play it and give it a thorough inspection before hand? I've seen them on my local CL for $300 and they weren't in great condition.

6. TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Any more input folks?

7. TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Plays good. Sounds sick. Hope it's worth having to sell my first bass...ltd f104!

8. TheClev

TheClev

Apr 23, 2015
    OH-IO
    As long as it was after the Rockbass upgrade, you're getting a good bass. Aka, if it has the W on the headstock and the two-piece bridge, you're good. I played a Rockbass for a couple of years before upgrading to a German model, and they both had the signature Warwick growl in spades.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022