1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

This is all very confusing...

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by CityEscape, Jan 1, 2012.

1. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    actually yes, that should work just fine.

but.... if you are spending the money, I would juggest you get something like this, in case you actually want to put vocals in someday. you never know what you might want to do in the future!

and with this one you can input a CD or MP3 player with rca plugs, output RCA plugs, you have a Eq, and of course the XLR input on one channel. (but that channel also has the option of a 1/4 inch input)

did I mention that the one you were looking at is MONO only? if you are thinking of stereo (the only way to post production mixing) you need a stereo output

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-502...cal-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1325479294&sr=1-1

2. Great! So I just use my normal instrument cable to plug my bass into the mixer, and then use the cable from Amazon to plug the mixer into the computer?
    Then just open up Garageband and go for it?

3. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    go back and re read my post again.... I added a couple things

4. Right, so I could plug in a mic with the XLR, and record from a CD/MP3 player?

5. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Exactly. Worth a few extra $$$

6. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Don't know much about garageband,but audacity is an amazing editing program, it's available for mac, and its free

7. Would Audacity record the audio from my bass just plugging the mixer straight into my Macbook using the Stereo Mini to Stereo 1/4" cable?

8. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    yes. I just recorded an entire demo for my band just using my laptop and audacity, most parts were recorded one at a time. click the link in my signature

9. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    for your first mixer you posted, the cord was correct. for the one I posted, the second cable is better

10. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    If you're doing simple recordings, and already have a Mac with GarageBand, just grab a cheap USB of FireWire interface and you'll be all set.