Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This sucks....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by timidbassist, Feb 12, 2005.

1. I want a good multi effects processor rack mount except everything i find that is rack mount is a pre-amp. I dont want stomp boxes if i dont have to, id rather have like a rack mountable processor and have external foot controls for it so the actual thing is still in the rack. Anyone have any good ideas, people have given me some great prospects in a different thread i started with the same idea except they were all pre amps, and the few that werent had all effects except distortion. I want a processor and not pre amp because i want to use my curren amp and just be able to hit my effects loop switch and turn it on you know? Any advice?
    Thanks,
    Dave

2. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Boss VF-1

3. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
  4. ART nightbass is a multi-FX unit, and preamp, and its pretty cheap...if you get an X-15 foot controller, its really pretty easy to use!

5. The Boss VF-1 looks good. Thanks for the input Tritone, i will deffinitly look into that one. As for your suggestion Sako thats actually one i had looked into and noticed it doesnt have distortion. I would really like that one if it it did. Am i wrong does it have distortion? Also what do you guys know of TC Electronic's G-Major processor? I came across that one and noticed its the same thing i saw in Submerssed Guitarist's rack and thougth that was really cool, but what do you know about them? Would it work well for bass?
    Thanks again,
    Dave

6. I guess ill just have to face the facts that it will be hard to find one that meets everything im looking for haha. I guess id rather have a tube distortion anyway, thats why im looking into the Mesa Big Block of the Ampeg SVT 5 then i could just throw one of those processor in the effects loop of that and have the overdrive seperate.
    Thanks for all your input,
    Dave

7. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    I have a G-major and it's a okay FX-machine but the octaver is no good. I'm replacing mine with something else.

8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Technically, a distortion is an overdriven preamp stage.
    So usually builders take profit of it and go for the whole preamp thing.

9. Oooo ok, gotcha, makes sense to me now, there would be no reason for them to really throw an overdrive effect in there then. I that makes sense to me now. Thanks for the clarification thats what i was looking for the whole time.

10. PM sent on G-major processor.