Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

this was awesome

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kserg, Nov 3, 2004.

1. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Yeah... saw Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains yesterday in Santa Cruz... DAMN those guys are good... Lez is good... he played 1 string bass as a monkey... it sounded GREAT... Good stuff :)

Yes its a pointless threat but they are good... if you haven’t checked them out yet do so:)

Cheers

2. Claypool's Awesome!!!! He's very entertaining to watch live. I've only had the pleasure of seeing him play twice, Once with Primus opening for Rush. Wierd billing, all the older Rush fans were like *** when primus was on stage, I was proudly yelling "Primus sucks" And the people around me were "there not that bad" ;) Then All night long Geddy kept imitating Claypools' one leg stomp thingy. Very funny!

3. Was that the Presto tour? You know Primus stopped opening for them one show before the show I saw, so I got Mr. Big instead of Primus :scowl:

4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Cool stuff. I really dig Bernie Worrell's stuff. Last time I saw him play live he put on a pretty amazing show. I also saw him play a jam with Brad Houser, Skerik, a few guys from Karl Denson's band (including Karl Denson), the keyboardist in the jacob fred jazz oddysee, and a few other guys (that I couldn't necessarily recognize.)

5. Yeah I think that it was presto. Mr big Ahhhhh!

I hope Bucket of Bernie Brains comes down this way. I'd love to see them. :) :) :)