1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thoughts on a 212 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by martinmichael, Dec 22, 2018.

1. martinmichael

martinmichael

Jan 20, 2008
    Hi I'm new to this forum, anyone here have any experience with the Eden d212xst cab, if so would like to know your opinion. Thanks in advance!

G-Z likes this.
  2. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Welcome to Talkbass!

I'm sure the D212XST is a fine sounding cabinet. Heavy compared to most newer cabinets. I've really liked the Eden XST stuff I've played but haven't played that particular cabinet. The series was supposed to be more of a flat frequency response that their XLT line.

No shortage of great 2X12's out there.

3. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    20170213_155008.

martinmichael and watspan like this.
  4. martinmichael

martinmichael

Jan 20, 2008
    Hi guys, sorry about the latish response, thanks for the welcome aproud1, anyway I went ahead took the plunge, it's a 4 ohm cab, rated 600 watts, I'm driving it with a fender v3 500 watt head, all I can say is wow, strong and beefy...oh and heavy too, the tone is def darkish to me ears, the speakers are super sensitive and do a fairly good job of representing the true sound of my bass. Bottom line is I'm totally happy with this cab, and the fact that I don't think I wil need another as I do fairly small venues say between 50 to a hundred heads. Thank you all for your responses and input. Blessings!

eriky4003, aproud1 and Arthur U. Poon like this.
  5. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Glad to hear it. I have the same Fender amp. Bought it as a backup but end up using it a lot. Sounds like you've got a very solid rig. :bassist:

martinmichael likes this.
  6. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    My buddy has one. Big fat sound and can get very loud.
    I run a Eden XST 2x10 and love it.

martinmichael likes this.
  7. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    You will find lots of folks here (myself included) bragging about the huge sound of a 2x12 cab. Then, someone purchases one and brags about the huge sound. lol Yeah, they are great. My main rig for a few years was a 2x12 cab on top of an identical 2x12 cab. I don't know about the Eden line, but I have owned a couple of SWR's, Vox, a pair of 1x12 Bergs, etc. 2x12 sounds great. Punchy, plenty of bottom, punchy, very good mids, punchy, and good highs. Oh, did I mention "punchy?" My next cab purchase will be a 2x12.

Congrats. And welcome to the deep end.

martinmichael and DrThumpenstein like this.
  8. martinmichael

martinmichael

Jan 20, 2008
    Hi guys, small update here on the rig, I added an Eden preamp to the mix, it's the Wtdi preamp, the fender amp is now the power supply.I wasn't that impressed with the tone of the amp itself as I've been using Eden stuff for the last six years, which I was forced to offload due to relocation, my rig back then inc two dxlt 212s, crown xls2500 and Eden wtdi. I found it difficult to get used to liking that rumble sound after using Eden. Yes I was spoilt up to the gills, Eden keeps on doing it for me!