1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thoughts on Electroharmonix Operation Overdrive nano w/ expression pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by WILLMAN, Jul 3, 2020.

1. WILLMAN

WILLMAN

Jun 5, 2020
    Hi all,
    I play a passive bass with two jazz pickups. I'm currently building another passive bass with a mini humbucker and a soap bar style looking humbucker I found.

Im interested in getting the Operation Overdrive Nano to use for a little more crunch/maybe a little bit of distortion.

I like how it has the blend nob and the boost! Looks like the nano uses an external pedal for the boost, would I be able to use an expression pedal here instead of just a one button on and off?
    Also what are your thoughts on the nano version of this?

TLDR: Do you think I could use an expression pedal to control the boost of the Electroharmonix Operation overdrive pedal? Do you guys like this pedal?

Thanks boys,
    -Will

2. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I don’t see any indication that you can use an expression pedal with the EHX

3. WILLMAN

WILLMAN

Jun 5, 2020
    Yeah I was just assuming that it would use the same 1/4" jack as an expression pedal, and an expression pedal is just a potentiometer pretty much right? So it would bleed off a little more of that overdrive tone instead of the push button that would just be full open.

Does anyone have the pedal that could try?

Regardless, @Mosfed do you like the tone of it?

Thanks brother,
    -Will

4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I haven’t heard it but it wouldn’t be top of my list with the offerings that are currently out there.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021