1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thread size on Christopher bass

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Bardolph, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I have a Christopher hybrid bass and want to get a full circle pickup. My question is do the bridges on Christophers have metric or American thread size? Also I may get a new bridge sometime. Is one size of thread more common? Should I wait and get the bridge and pickup together?

2. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    My Chrissy came with the standard 1/4x20mm. Should install fine without needing a new bridge.

3. Tanglehead

Tanglehead

Nov 27, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    I have a full circle on my Christopher 401 and when it was installed (by my luthier) there was no fitting required. I don't know the specific size of the thread, but they were the same between the ebony adjusters that came on the bridge when I bought the bass and the full circle adjusters.

Full Circle is a nice choice, by the way. Has been very versatile for me and I like the sound on my Chris. I considered getting on for my Pfretschner, but I went with the Realist instead, mostly because I like that sound for straight ahead, which is what I play mostly on that bass.

What's up with the bridge that you're thinking about replacing it?

4. HAM

HAM

Oct 22, 2006
    Elmwood Park, IL
    Hey Guys,

I too have a Christopher Hybrid and am currently using the K&K Bass Max, small MIC with the two-channel preamplifier. I don't know if that is the best setup for this bass. I would like to get a real natural bass sound with flexibility of tone so that whether I am playing acoustic or with electric instruments it fits in well. However, I mostly play this bass in acoustic sets amplified through a PJB.

Is the Full Circle really the way to go?

5. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    FC or Planet Wing IME.

6. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    The wood is a little bit soft. I don't know for sure about replacing it yet. The bridge and the tailpiece seem like the two things that could stand to be upgraded. Hdiddy, I see you replaced your Christopher's tailpiece. How much difference did you see there?