Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

throwing away my jazz!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dr_love2112, Jul 15, 2005.

1. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    im gonna throw away my jazz bass body becuase the body has a huge crack in it, yesterday it was tiny, but today its about the thickness of a cd. so i let seme of my buddys "use" it. and well john wrote "note to trash 1971 fender jazz bass" this was my first jazz and i guess the crack has always been there. i actually noticed it about 2 years ago replacing the neck and i tought it was just the grain. well its a crack and it grew. codie even try to break it apart to glue it back together, but its too strong. im gonna miss it, but i wont throw it out until monday so i can have some "peace" time. but hey i still got my flamed fretless jazz and my geddy jazz. i kinda wanna keep it, but it will just take up room. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

should i throw it away or just give it some one who will try to fix it and be their bass thing.
    well im gonna :bag:

2. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    ill take it off your hands

3. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    i personally think its trashed, over the years of pervious owner trying to relic it :mad: and me doing the unrelicing, and then the crack.......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :bawl: :bawl:

4. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    Forget the first guy, I'll take it.
    You could always glue it flat to the ceiling, it shouldn't take much space.

5. Id hang it on the wall in my studio, maybe get some celeb's to autograph it.....but dont get rid of it!

6. Yep....its beautiful..hehe...nothing a Sharpie and a few autographs wont fix! Lol...

7. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    Keep it, get it glued and play a heck of it!! :bassist:

Or send it to me, if you cant stand it anymore..

8. throbgod13

throbgod13

Mar 26, 2005
    Texas
    i'll buy it off you.. PM me..

9. tbader

tbader

Jun 29, 2005
    Yeah, definitely don't trash it. If it has sentimental value why would you just toss it away?

10. black Duct tape and a hammer thats all you need you can fix anything with some duct tape and a hammer. :p but its gotta be black.

but seriously. dont get rid of it make it a feature. i crashed my car and shattered a brake disc. parts of it now take pride place in my room. for all to see. :D

11. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    why bother throwing it away? If it's buggered then just don't use it anymore. Keep it damnit!!!

12. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    You're joking...right?

It's a piece of wood. Glue it and clamp it and forget it.
    It's a Fender. You can't hurt those things. It'll be fine.

13. Shakey

Shakey Vote for Pedro!!

Apr 12, 2005
    Roanoke, Va

Don't forget zip-ties...lol

14. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    hey man first come first serve...lol.

15. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    shipping is gonna be fun so who ever is closer to me becuase its junk and really i dont want people to spend $20 on it to ship and its junk. especially $92 to ship to germany :eyebrow:

16. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Or the precursor to zip-ties, bailing wire & chewing gum. :)

You know, I recently saw a pick of a p-bass that had had a sheet metal front bolted onto to it to give it a crazy industrial look. Maybe you could do something like that?

Now's your chance to try out any of those off the wall ideas you've had go through your head while daydreaming about bass. After all, it can't get any worse, right?

17. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    well heres some bad news..............
    the crack is still huge and still there, but now theres anothe crack in the wood, so if these cracks contune to grow there be 3 pieces!!!!!!!!! yes 3 so to save everyone trouble im gonna throw it away, unless i give it to someone (no shipping, isnt worth it)

18. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    At this point, there's only one thing left to do. Light it on fire and roast marshmellows over the flame while toasting the great accomplishments that was this bass.