1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

THUNDER BIRD FIVER

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassfrenzie, Sep 26, 2008.

1. bassfrenzie

bassfrenzie

May 26, 2008
    I am considering getting a V and really like the vibe of a T'Bird. Any owner reviews and/or opinions?

2. If you use search you will find a lot of threads about Thunderbirds. They are discussed a lot on TB. :)

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Only the Gibson Studio models , (discontinued), with 5 stringers, methinks.

4. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    Yup, I kinda GAS for one too, tho none of the music my band plays calls for a Fiver my 'Bird collection isn't complete without one:(

5. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'll trade you 4 of your colored GibsonBirds for my Jackbird---you can keep the Fenderbird as a keepsake since you put it together :D

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I love mine, though it rarely gets out to any gigs cuz the case is huge and a decent gigbag for it is impossible to find. Looks great, no neck dive, deep and dark sounding, more versatile than I expected, great action. I'm used to a bit more highs on my basses, but like that this one has a completely different character. It's also the only passive bass I own.

If you see a 5 you like, go for it because they don't make em anymore and there are very few (if any) new ones left. I believe I got my hands on the last black one available in any online stores a few months ago.