Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. JIO

JIO Connery... Sean Connery Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    It could go either way.

MCF, PillO and GBassNorth like this.
  2. JIO

JIO Connery... Sean Connery Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    A bass/instrument will let you know if it's a keeper or not pretty quickly in a live/band situation. I does look good though...

3. RedVee, GBassNorth, Nocturnal and 3 others like this.
  4. It was pretty obvious to me. Bunch of red necks wanted to go swimming but were thwarted by global warming caused by their over-sized American car.

;)

5. A perfect getaway car! Witnesses would be unable to give a consistent description!

RedVee, JIO, Miles_ONeal and 4 others like this.
  6. As I said. I don't know that it is because she is a diva, but I wonder if it could be.

My comparable is academics. Many of the most brilliant academics have bizarre personality quirks*. Some of them consciously cultivate bizarre personality quirks as a means of being seen to be brilliant. It is a strange form of branding.

* Some examples - the brilliant neurologist who can't navigate a hotel to get from his room to the restaurant for breakfast, the neuroscientist who dresses like Billy Idol, the medicinal chemist who was so distracted that he would get hit by streetcars (trams) because he was lost in thought rather than looking at traffic...

dukeorock, RedVee, JIO and 4 others like this.
  7. To all my American friends:
    thanksgiving1-1080x675.jpg

dukeorock, RedVee, JIO and 10 others like this.
  8. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Texans. Always have to be contrarians.

We’re traditionalists. Salad, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, yams, green beans, and rolls. Pumpkin and apple pie. I’m about ready to get up and get the turkey in the oven. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

9. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Try spending some time with it through the TT. Maybe you’ll find the low end you’re looking for. I love the pickups and wouldn’t change a thing. But a Loller in the neck wouldn’t be a bad thing. Too nice a bass to give up on IMO and will be highly sought after in a few years; particularly by those here who have been on the fence about getting one (they know who they are).
    Is there a vid of this latest show with Hoke? I really enjoyed the last one.

10. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Here here.

JIO, GBassNorth, PillO and 2 others like this.
  11. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Then a news flash came on about the tragic plane crash and were doubly bummed out.

12. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    I like Madonna's approach. The hotel rooms she stays in have to remove all furniture so her home furniture can be brought in. Nothing like identifying with the common people who made you rich by disdaining the furniture common people touch.

Honestly, anyone who thinks out of all humanity they are the best person to be leader of a nation has an ego greater than most. Some of the best leaders in many areas of life are those who don't seek or particularly want it. Those who do, you know are suspect off the bat.

RedVee, JIO, Miles_ONeal and 5 others like this.
  13. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    RedVee, GBassNorth and PillO like this.
  14. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    I know, it's really a preference thing. I just have other things to do than subjectively attempting to decipher verbal puzzles! (Even when I used undocumented pharmaceuticals.)

15. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Try it through your own amps, maybe the tone shaping will help it out.
    Do you like the feel of it? How's the chassis? Is it exceptional in some way? Is there a notable mojo factor? If so, maybe a pickup swap...
    Otherwise, well, at this point in my own life I'm at a "Less is more" phase, and extraneous stuff, esp concerning things that are most meaningful, is headed for the auction.
    But if it carried through the pa, I'd run it through my own amp pile before putting it in the airlock.

16. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    See, that wasn't complicated--and can't be proven wrong either!:laugh:

17. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Thanks! And I know there's a melon under those leaves somewhere!

RedVee, GBassNorth and PillO like this.
  18. Bent77

Bent77

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Your Highness

can I have you update #327 for my name change?
    Thanks!

RedVee, GBassNorth, PillO and 2 others like this.
  19. Now I’m going to check the intonationo_O I just swapped them and started playing

20. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups

Mark, hang on to bass for awhile, run it through your rig and maybe with some different strings, I can say mine certainly makes a fair bit of low end ( still has the factory strings on it, I like how they sound). I can't seem to get enough of playing it, I just dig it that much.

dukeorock, RedVee, GBassNorth and 2 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2021