Thunderfunk vs. SVT4 pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cecile, Aug 5, 2005.

1. What's the difference in tone between the two?
  2. Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    One's good, the other's bad. ;)

I have an idea on which is better for me.
  3. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    I always struggle to get workable sounds with Ampeg hybrid or SS amps. I'm dying to try a Thunderfunk tho.
  4. Anyone? I'm looking for a warmer tone than what my ampeg has. Would thunderfunk be a good replacement?
  5. Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    How you define an warmer tone?
  6. not as thin sounding
  7. Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    Have you ever listen the Ashdown amps?
  8. i played one a long time ago, i can remember what it sounded like. no one in tn has one at the moment
  9. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
  10. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    Why don't you just go all tube???
    SVT, Boogie 400+, Yorkville
  11. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    (Slight) Increase in maintenance costs
    Usually more expensive to buy
    More fragile
    etc etc

And of course, there are those who dont like the sound.

But, judging by the limited amount of info weve got here, tube might be a good option.
  12. Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Personally, I would take the Thunderfunk hands down. I've tried Ampegs before and they just weren't my thing. In fact, after playing mine for several weeks, I went to a big outdoor festival where everyone was playing SVT stacks and it made me see just how good I have it. May have been the sound folks, but everything I heard was muddy, indistinct and boomy in comparison with the tone I get from the Thunderfunk.

I think the Thunderfunk is warmer than any hybrid I've ever heard. I tried a number of heads before I got mine and it beat them all in the tone department (at least to me) and got there with minimal EQing. Not only is it really warm with nice lows, but it also is clear, articulate, quick and has glassy highs. Also lightweight - compliments my Bergie 112 mini-stack quite well.
  13. i'm young, and my back is already terrible.