Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tips on string slaping

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Bass legend, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yo can u please help me ive only been playing bass for about 3 months and so can someone please give me advice on this whole bass slaping because i dont really know what its about

2. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    i would take a few lessons. start out with good habits. you can get any help from a message board.

3. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    wait that didn't make any sense. i meant i doubt you could get any good bass/slap instruction from a message board. take a few lessons and let a teacher get you in the right direction.

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    There is some truth to this, but if we answer all questions this way - along with "learn to use the search function" - then there would be no need for new posts ever. (BTW - learn to use the edit function ;) )

Bass legend: Finding a teacher and taking some lessons is a good idea, and also you may find it helpful to do search of the techniques forum for: slap or slap/pop. Do you have a basic understanding of what slap/pop style playing is and are just having trouble with it or do you need to know what it is? Can you give more detail about what it is you're having trouble understanding? Maybe we could offer some tips.

EDIT: P.S. This should probably be moved to techniques or G.I.

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    sorry can't help ya with string slapping..but a pimp slap..i might..just maybe

steve

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Wrong forum - moved.

7. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    As Creepy said, LEARN TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!

Post closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.