1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tl806 eminence deltalight speaker build

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bluesman88, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Bluesman88

Bluesman88

Nov 15, 2016
    Philadelphia
    So at my new job I get the week between christmas and new years off. I had been looking into building a fearless cab but I found a GREAT deal online on some eminence deltalights and decided to do a more simple build to start with. I put the info from the eminence speakers and the EV build plans into winISD and everything looked OK so I proceeded.
    My inlaws live up in edison nj so we were up there for the week. I went into edison millwork and true value- the owner there turned out to be a long time bass player and a super nice guy. Gave me a good price for some really nice 3/4" plywood and did the big cuts for me. Man did he do a good job- everything was perfectly sized and fit together really nice. Also the plywood was great- very strong and stiff, relatively light and very few inclusions. Way way better than what I can get at the big box hardware store near me and a lot cheaper than the fancy lumber yards near me.

So I finished the speakers with tweed, took them to rehearsal and once I got the polarity correct (lol) they sound...

AMAZING!!!! I really cannot believe how loud, low and tight these speakers sound. I've been playing through an orange obc115 and these two little boxes blow that thing out of the water in terms of punch and clarity and are at least a match in terms of volume.

I just finished the oxblood grills (attached with magnets) feet and handles yesterday and could not be happier!

Attached Files:

2. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Those cabs look awesome , very nice build . My 212 I built has 2512 II Deltalites also , very good full range speaker .

3. Bluesman88

Bluesman88

Nov 15, 2016
    Philadelphia
    Thanks man! Yea they turned out really nice. I'm definitely a novice when it comes to wood working so it was a really fun learning project. Routing the speaker holes was a fun problem to solve :)

4. Nice!
    I thought those would be a good match for each other.

5. Bluesman88

Bluesman88

Nov 15, 2016
    Philadelphia
    I was honestly surprised how good they turned out. I think its a great option for somebody (like me) who has a basic technical understand of how speakers work but isn't quite confident enough in their carpentey skills to build a fearfull or fitzmurance design. I've now started thinking that a build with some equivalent non-neo eminence speaker and cheaper parts would be a perfect low-dollar, low risk "intro" project. The design is so sturdy you could use garbage plywood and it would probably still turn out just fine, just heavy...

6. It could also rattle and come apart.