1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tobias bass/ U.S. Masters

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dustybass, May 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Does anyone know the time frame and companies making Tobias (Toby Pro ) basses? Same goes for U.S. Masters. I know mine was made in Wisconsin, but I heard some were made overseas. I don't care what they're worth, I love them and just want to know a little more about them.

2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
  3. Marc DLarosa

Marc DLarosa Supporting Member

May 29, 2017
    Funny, that You see/feel the similarities between the two. You may be the only one, besides Myself. Both of my US Maters, are the later, Korean models. But My Tobias, is a Pre-Gibson, 1983 Basic. #275. I actually like the neck on the Masters better. But... I have huge hands.

And Yes... the original US Masters basses were made in Wisconsin. The logo was red, and circular. One day, I will have one.

20180620_222341.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  4. Jose Bustos Jr

Jose Bustos Jr

Apr 5, 2018
    What's up everyone ! I literally just bought this for $180 dollars at a yard sale I know it's a pre-Gib but the axe itself don't feel heavy at all and the neck feels really smooth.... anyways I want to upgrade the pickups and preamp and I would like to get advice from anyone who has done something similar to what I want to do. I want Bartolini Soapbars and preamp installed in it but I dont know what model to get... any ideas/suggestions ?? Screenshot_20181119-104931_OfferUp.

5. Post-Gibson, Post-Tobias Musicyo "Toby," but one of the better ones, I forget the model name. The cheaper model was bolt on. Still a great deal for $180. Someone else may know what pickups if any will be an exact fit, the pickups and electronics seemed to me and many others to be the weak part of these basses, very good otherwise.

Jose Bustos Jr likes this.