1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Today I worked really hard.....

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by corrosivemind19, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Hey everyone,

Today my bands mates and i came up with some low quality basement recordings of our music....We are very influenced classically and by the band "hella"

Please listen. I would appreciate ANY input.

Thanks,

ben

http://www.myspace.com/2wheels1

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    NIIIIIICE! Dude, that's tight, I really like this kinda stuff. Once you get into a real studio or just make a better quality recording in general, this is going to be awesome!

The "if you're really..." song actually reminds me of Macabe in a few spots once you really kick in, but the Hella/Math metal vibe is aparent. But you guys do it really well! Keep up the awesome jams.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    If I'm not mistaken, Allentown isn't too far away from Erie... which is 15 minutes from Edinboro... but maybe I'm wrong. You guys should do a show up here.

Whoops! I keep forgetting how big PA is... you guys are almost 6 hours away! Well, anyways, if you guys are ever up in the Northwest corner of PA, let me know.

4. :eek: hey wow man, i really appreciate your thoughts. Again, Im always afraid people won't enjoy this type of music, but hey, thanks alot.

5. Wwe actually have yet to play a show. I'm a bit nervous on the responce we may recieve, but we really want to start playing shows before we all go to college.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I suppose it is a genre of little mainstream appeal, but I'm in the same boat, my band plays an unpopular genre. It's a shame, there is some serious musicianship in your band, but as we all know, musicianship isn't popular. ;)

Killer tunes all around, I hope more of TB checks this out, there is a metal/prog metal crowd on Talkbass... it's just not that big.

If you ever decided to go on a mini tour of PA, I can get you a show up here. Good luck playing live.

7. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO Inactive

May 4, 2006
    Courtenay, BC, Canada
    Nice! You guys are reallly tight. I really like the classical inspired riffage. You guys should get into a studio so I can buy your cd. This probably the best music I've been introduced to lately. And good on you for being an instrumental band.

8. again, thank you. Its funny because we used to all be in a punk band, but we hated what we played so we got together one day and jammed and came out with this kind of music. Weird but hey I love it. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

and matt if we ever play in northwest pa, ill definitley let you know. :)

9. We want to studio record as soon as possible, but only 2 of us have jobs that doesnt even bring in 100 dollars a week. BUT we shall save and get money from shows and hopefully by spring have like a 6 song ep.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Some advice, this is what we (King bowman) do. We pay to record the drums in a nice studio, we drop about a hundred bones on that, we play along with the drummer, but only record the drums. We then take that home, and record our parts over top of that. Produce it, have it mastered, and we end up with decent results.

11. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    I like. Post higher quality recordings when you manage to get 'em, it's good stuff. I'll look forward to that :)

-Dash

12. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada

13. WOW these guys are extremely talented, they remind me alot of fall of troy.

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Oyster, I really like the image... not so wild about the font though... it kinda clashes with the image. You need something more earthy, to match the image.

15. I really like your art btw, has a very unique tone.

16. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    haha, funny you say that. We (the band and I) agreed, and I DID redo it with a much more suiting font (I actually made a brush out of the conch shell thing, and used that as the coloring) and it looked fantastic. I have no idea what happened to it though (reformat.. ce la vie).

17. ric1312

ric1312 Inactive

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    It was well played, but actually reminded me a lot of the 80's metal bands that were into classical. If you want to play out and have a response just add a death metal vocalist. I don't like death metal, but as soon as you whip out the guinea pig screams the death metal kids are all over it.

18. gahhhh dont say that please. We really want to stay instrumental. Singers have been the worst decision in my past bands (no one EVER liked them, therefore....no one came to shows). But watever, we wanna to try to steer clear of a vocalist.

19. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    True (what ric said); I was reminded of Racer X at parts (Not that I'd EVER consider that a bad thing). It's still leaps and bounds better then a lot of mainstream music. I really dig it.

20. Thanks Oyster. I have never heard of Racer X, but I hope thats a good thing haha. We are just trying to be original I guess, no one in our local scene plays this stuff its either METAL! or EMO! or PUNK! not that any of those are bad genres, but we just wanted something new...you know?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021