1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Today I worked really hard.....

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by corrosivemind19, Oct 15, 2006.

1. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    I know completely what you mean. I'm glad you were able to find a group of people with similar tastes though, I've been having a heck of a hard time. It's going though, slowly but surely.

Racer X vid:

(May sound cheesy at first, but it's really good cheese.)

Very talented group. Paul Gilbert went on to Mr.Big, and Juan Alderete (bass player) is now in The Mars Volta.

2. we are an odd trio
    gutiar player: metal head
    drummer : hella and les claypool fan
    bassist(me): bela fleck, primus, and mahavishnu orchestra and frank zappa stuff

Anyways, I really appreciate everyones input and thoughts on it. :) its always nice getting good feedback from a crowd who I love and can associate with.

3. OMG! those guys are incredible! im honored you associated us with them haha

4. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    nice! good bass work, and good stuff all in all. keep it up!

5. Thanks jetpack, i listened to your band and i like!

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah dude! Keep it instrumental! Singers are nothing but bad news. Besides, there is enough activity in your band where you don't need vocals.

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    With some production this stuff could be great. I dig it alot.

8. thanks man, we are all relatively strapped for cash.:meh: But if we ever do get studio time, I'd want to bust out all of our tracks in 1-2 days and then have a day of mastering, which should be less than 1000 all together but it all depends on the studio.

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Cool stuff- I really dig pretty much all of it. I wouldn't call it math metal as it's actually listenable :D

As everyone said it would greatly benefit from a better recording, but don't lose some of the live/loose quality it has....too much of this type of music becomes sterile and compartmentalized when recording and loses its life.

10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Don't rule out home recording, it'll save you a ton. The drums are hard to do without a nice room and several mics, but like Matt said, the rest is easy enough to at home where time isn't money.

11. Yeah my friend has sonar studio 5 and a little recording studio that sounds pretty good, but the thing is, he really wanted to be in the band and he's not so I think out of spite he won't do it but it cant hurt to ask.

12. threshar

threshar

Jul 30, 2002
    reminds me a bit of older don caballero stuff. i saw don cab live once. It was mind boggling that they can play, nearly perfectly, what is on their albums.

13. blmeier7

blmeier7 Supporting Member

May 7, 2006
    Amarillo, TX
    very nice! keep it up. I agree with you...stay instrumental.

14. Im definitley going to look into just recording the drums professionally and doing the rest ourselves.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021