Tool singer owns fan!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Squidfinger, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

Don't know if this has been posted yet. I'll delete it if it has.
  2. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    haha, thats great!
  3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    uhm.. is it just me, or did that look a bit contrived?

Why didn't security rush the mofo as soon as he was down?
  4. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Now for the rest of his life this kid can not only say that he was on stage with tool, but that he got bear hugged and punched by tool as well.
  5. No offense, but it looked like he was spooning him too. ;)

yeah, a tad staged. what're the lyrics to that song anyway? Do they "fit"?
  6. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Maynard's the man, even if it is staged. That'd be cool to see someone jump up on stage... then get absolutly owned by the singer.

7. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    A more realistic example of being owned by the singer is the Hard Rock Cafe special that had Queens of the Stone Age playing live. You can see a fan beats security up on stage , he turns to the crown raises his arms in victory as the lead singer walks over and gives him a HUGE shove to the back and off he goes like a sack of potatoes...just about gave the guy whiplash his head jerks back so hard from the shove. Singer then goes up to the mic and says this is my stage nobody comes up here...crowd went nuts!!!! Looked like a good time.
  8. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Well the fan had it coming to him :) Did the tool fan actually go after maynard or did he just jump up on stage? It was hard to see.
  9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    He is lucky he didn't hurt the Tool fanboys' demigod. He wouldn't have made it out of there alive.

I've heard many, many stories of Phil Anselmo jumping off of the stage onto someone trying to piss him off. Well if you just got your ass kicked so I would say that was mission accomplished.
  10. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    When I saw QOTSA it was the exact opposite scenario. The venue i saw them is notorius for having jerk security guards, which were bascially beating kids up for dancing "too hard." Josh made a big scene, called the bouncer a few derogotory names, and reqested a different security guard take his place. He basically said "cut the s*#t, this is my show! not yours." It was pretty cool.
  11. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Maynard is my hero.

I love how he continues to sing while owning him.
  12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hmmm, I can honestly say I'm not surprised Josh Homme calls it "His stage" and "His Show."
  13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Now that I think about it, they look like they are snugglin'.

Not to confused with snuggling.
  14. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    My buddy's had that on video for a few years, whether or not it's staged or not, it's still pretty funny. If I remember correctly, I think security takes over once Maynard gets off the dude, so.... Who knows, maybe that was staged too.

BTW, another funny one is somewhere at Ebaumsworld. Pro skater/hardcore singer Mike Vallely is out skating when a couple of preps apparently call him a "fag". He tears off his shirt and proceeds to call all 3-4 of them out. Quite amusing.
  15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That has to be staged... this is Tool, big name band playing big name venues. If a fan couldn't be on stage for 2 seconds without getting his/her ass kicked off, regardless if Maynard is dry humping them or not.
  16. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills

well the song is called pu**** so here are the lyrics :)

I will choke until I swallow...
    Choke this infant here before me.
    What is this but my reflection?
    Who am I to judge and strike you down?

But you're
    Pushing and shoving me.
    You still love me and you pu**** on me.

Rest your trigger on my finger,
    bang my head upon the fault line.
    Take care not to make me enter.
    'cause if I do we both may disappear.

But you're pushing me,
    Shoving me. Pu**** on me.

Slipping back into the gap again.
    I'm alive when you're touching me,
    Alive when you're shoving me down.

But i'd trade it all
    For just a little bit of
    Piece of mind.

Put me somewhere I don't wanna be.
    Seeing someplace I don't wanna see.
    Never wanna see that place again.

Saw that gap again today
    As you were begging me to stay.
    Managed to push myself away,
    And you, as well.

If, when I say I may fade like a sigh if I stay,
    You minimize my movement anyway,
    I must persuade you another way.

There's no love in fear.

Staring down the hole again.
    Hands upon my back again.
    Survival is my only friend.
    Terrified of what may come.

Just remember I will always love you,
    Even as I tear your ****ing throat away.
    But it will end no other way.

take it for whats its worth :)
  17. full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Hehe that's nothing. Anyone remember when Glen Danzig got knocked out by the lead singer of North Side Kings for trying to be a badass in front of his fans.

Video here
  18. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    It's rare that I'll use the term "pwned", but if anyone deserves it it's Glen Danzig. After changing their set time and ultimately screwing a band out of their state time and then "attempting" to push around a member, he needed to taste some floor.

As for the Tool video, I'd agree that it's staged if only for the fact that security isn't on him like white on rice within 2 seconds, that they nail the second guy as proper security should, and the lyrical content of the song. Still, makes for a good stageshow. :smug:

With Pantera, I think it was always a matter of how far the fans were going and the reaction of security. I've seen both on their videos and mulitple times live Phil berate security (most likely venue and not their crew) for treating fans too harshly physically. I'm not sure of later-day shows, but in my Pantera prime ('93-'98) if you were able to make it through their pit and onto the stage, you were worthy of hanging their for a second. :D
  19. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    When I saw Primus in Seattle for the "Tour de Fromage", a fan threw a water bottle at Les and then flipped him off. Les said "Hey, a Limp Bizkit fan!" then told the audience to "sodomize him after the show." Who knows what happened to that guy...