1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Total bass amateur

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by PixelKid, Jun 11, 2012.

1. PixelKid

PixelKid

Jun 11, 2012
    Central MA
    I may be an amateur, but I come bearing tidings of great joy and a six pack of Red Stripe!

Anyways, Hello! I've lurked this forum for over a year now and finally decided to join the ranks since I enjoy creating low end thunder. I pretty much just jam by myself (currently without an amp cuz it crapped the bed) using a Silvertone bass I picked up last year on the cheap, with some extra birthday cash. Nothing glorious or fancy, but it gets the job done. Not really trying to make it a full time occupation, as I work part time and run a small apparel biz as well, but I enjoy it enough to make it a part of my life. I love music, especially punk, ska and metal.

Cheers!

2. Vobidy One

Vobidy One

Jun 5, 2012
    Ireland
    Cool! Welcome to the forum
    I'm pretty new here as well, and I've only been playing bass for about 8 months.
    Show a picture of your bass if you can :) we love pictures.

3. PixelKid

PixelKid

Jun 11, 2012
    Central MA
    SilvertoneBass.jpg

It's a pretty cheap bass. I mean, it works, and it's fun to play and allows me to practice and all that good stuff. But I tried taking the pickguard off of it yesterday and found that all the electronic components are permanently attached to the underside of it.....it was also made in singapore, i believe.