Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

trace elliot question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Shaggy98771, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Shaggy98771

Shaggy98771 Guest

May 19, 2003
    Rockford Illinois
    a friend is offering 400 for a used trace elliot 400 watt + 2x10

sorry if this is in the wrong place

its a 122h any info problems or any of the like for me please help and thank you

2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Thats a combo right? 12 band eq, 2x10 w/ a tweeter. If so, I believe it's 300w. But don't let that fool you. Trace watts are conservatively rated, and should be very loud. Heres a link to the instruction manual, to get some more info on that amp. 12 band intruction manual

I don't have any direct experience with the combos. But I have an AH250 7 band trace head, which is phenominal. Trace Elliot makes extremely good amps. Built like tanks, reliable, very lound, fantastic tone and extremely versatile. I think 400 is a good deal for that. Add a 15 cab, or 2x12 and you'd have a kickin rig.

I'm sure some of the other Trace Elliot afficianados will be along soon with some more feedback for you.

3. Shaggy98771

Shaggy98771 Guest

May 19, 2003
    Rockford Illinois
    im sorry its either the v8 or the 122h sorry i forgot to add that

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Hmmm this is slightly offtopic... dont mean to take over the thread but i dont feel like starting now one on this...

Are all Trace elliots tube amps/preamps?

5. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    No. Only the Quadravalve, Hexavalve, V4, V6, V8.

All others (I think) are SS.

6. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I'm confused :confused:

Is 400 the price he's asking?

The 122h is a 300w 210 combo amp. Its a hybrid- tube pre/ss power. 12 band eq. This is what I thought you were refering to. $400 seems to be a reasonable price. If I didn't have seperate cabs I was planning on running or was in the market for a combo- I'd snag it.

The V8 is a whole 'nother story. If this is the amp your friend is selling for 400, he is either on crack or has no idea what he has. The Trace V8 is one of the most highly sought after all tube bass amps. They only made like 75 or so...and they sell for rediculous prices. It is 400w all tube. Some cosider it the "holy grail" of bass tube amps. I know I do.

Besides the ones dllyod mentioned. The more "common" trace heads like the 7band, 12band, series 6, etc...are hybrids. Tube pre/SS power.

7. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192498

check out that thread... that is what a v8 looks like

400 of any currency would be amazing for a v8. except maybe solid gold bars.

it's a good price for the combo aswell, worth checking out! i love my trace head!

8. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Hm... now that the DB 728 is not being produced anymore, the V8 may have some competition :smug: