Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Training camp is almost here!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yogi Bear, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Including today only 6 more days until training camp begins. :hyper:

Ok I'm a football dork - anyone else excited for the football season to begin?

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah..can't wait to see what Tuna's going to do with the Cowboys this year!

brad cook

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yep, I'm already signed up for a fantasy football league ( my team is the Greenfield Giblets) and everything. Now that's dorky. I even loved double sessions in high school.

4. Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    If this is an indication - it could be somewhat interesting...

Fort Worth Star-Telegram "Two sources close to the situation told the Star-Telegram that George (Eddie) and the Cowboys have agreed in principle to a one-year, $2.1 million deal plus incentives going into today's morning meeting between George, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and coach Bill Parcells."

5. Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Yup. I already committed myself to 3 leagues - my team name in all leagues- Curious George Blanda.

I'm hoping Jazzbo will host another TB FFL this year.

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    currently looking for a team:( this football season will not be as good, i am raider fan, but I don’t like city of Oakland... and started to like SF more and more now since i am visit it again once in a few. Switch to liking 49ers over Raiders?

I just don’t like east bay :( but raiders, not sure why I like them :meh: just their history I guess and no one likes them :meh: and well every time they loose, refs are usually to blame… PATS LOST I TELL YOU… IT WAS A FUNBLE!!!

7. cheerleader...senses....tingling

HEY MY NAME IS BECCA WANNA KNOW WHAT I GOT?
    what do you got?
    I GOT A TEAM THATS HOTTER THAN HOT!
    how hot is hot?
    THEY KICK, PASS, AND TOUCHDOWN TOO!
    what will you do?
    WE'RE GUNNA KICK THE *WHOOPSIES* OUTTA YOU!

ok I'm done now... :D :D

8. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    There are two seasons: hockey and baseball :)

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    HOCKEY!!! i can't way for this virus to go away, i miss ice sooooooo much, i want to play again:(

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Get the hell outta this thread and don't come back.

:spit:

brad cook

;)

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yeah, it was a funble... :rollno: time to get over it. I respect quite a few of the Raiders players, but please, let's move on.

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Hot and butt rhyme

"how hot is it? / It'll kick your butt"

Shall we keep on working on TOY's cheer to get our official TB cheer?

I know :D I am over it, just thought I’d piss some pat's fans off... :D there is no way anyone could complain about anything after raider's last season +1 game.

13. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Wow! You play, too? I used to play at Hockey Workout until they closed. Now I haven't played since. I need to get myself out on the ice again.

14. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Nah, don't worry about it. Problem is, most of us bass players don't know how to interact with cheerleaders - different social circles, you know! ;)

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, my wife was a basketball player. What do I know about pom-pom wavers. Also I went to a college that had no cheerleaders. We had yell-leaders. They were all males and they would lead the entire student-body in coordinated yells during each football game. Imagine 80,000 fans all yelling in unison "Beat the hell outta TU!" (TU is University of Texas...insert whatever school we were playing that day). We would have "midnight yell practice" the night before each game and thousands of people would show up. :) Also another cool thing is that the yell-leaders could basically turn the fan noise on and off. When they gave the signal (when the other team's quarterback got ready to call out the signals) we'd immediately be really loud and then when our team got up to the line on offense we'd go silent. It DID cause many delay of game calls and time outs for the other team's offense and our stadium is known for being a particularly loud, tough place to play in. I went to one of those raving lunatic fan, tradition obsessed schools. It was fun. Too bad our team is all shot to hell now. :scowl:

brad cook

16. Are you an aggie? Only aggies call UT, tu (texas universaty).

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Indeed.

brad cook

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Ya man, that place was cool, just go there and shoot all you want :D

I am on same boat with you… I haven’t played in some time because I broke my old skates, Now that I have new ones, I can start getting back all that I forgot, lost a lot and need to get back in shape FAST (ya ya, i am a fat) :D

[​IMG] <-- my new babies... SOOO NICE, but braking them in is pain :p

You play at Logitech Ice at all? Weird, I might have seen you there, used to be there like 3-4 times a week before I stopped. :D

19. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The season can't get here soon enough.

Bear down, Chicago Bears.
    Make every play clear the way to victory!
    Put up a fight with your might so fearlessly!

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation,
    With your "T" formation.
    Let'em know why your wearin' the crown!
    Your the pride and joy of Illinois,
    Chicago Bears,
    Bear Down!