Traynor Yba300 died on me.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Juice, Apr 23, 2019.

1. I was jamming it for a hour, and turned it off. Came back 30 minutes later only to find the amp is non functional. The tubes turn on, but when switching from stand by, the cab males a loud roaring screeching hum with no guitar output; the hum is also present when in standby mode albeit much more quiet. I also smell the smell of heated perhaps burnt electronics.. Any Ideas? Am I screwed?

2. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Arizona
    Bad preamp tube? Same thing happened to me but it was with a Mesa Boogie 400+ and it was the V1 preamp tube

3. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    My advice, at the first indication of burned components, turn the amp off and take it to a technician.

4. BossOnBass

BossOnBass

Aug 11, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Yep, could be something as simple as a tube or a bad resistor. If swapping tubes doesn't help get it to someone who knows how to troubleshoot it.

5. Definitely tech time.

Nothing you can do can help put the lost magic smoke back in. On the other side there is plenty of extra damage you can create by poking around yourself.

bobyoung53 and FunkHead like this.
  6. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    If something burned, its already more complicated that just a tube, so def tech time unless you have the skills and inclination.

bobyoung53 and BassmanPaul like this.
  7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

I’ll agree with Mr Foxen, Tech Time!

bobyoung53 likes this.
  8. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Any word on this yet?

9. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

The OP hasn’t been back since April 29th. I hope he didn’t try to fix the amp himself!

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  10. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Any update?

11. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Let’s page the guy to see what transpired. :)

Paging: @The Juice your presence is requested. LOL :)

12. Sorry for the extraordinarily slow response. I returned it. It was the last day on the 45 day warranty and I ended up getting a Orange Terror Bass.