1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tremelo Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassheart365, Dec 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bassheart365

Bassheart365 Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
    I recently acquired an EQD Hummingbir tremelo. It's my first tremelo. I'm really digging the "repeat percussion" rythmes it can produce, and I mostly use it as follows: octaver > fuzz > envelope filter > Hummingbird.
    I can get some very Moogish grooves going, but it doesn't have tap tempo. I can change the rate with an expression pedal but it is not practical to synch with tempo using this method.

Can anyone recommend a similar tremelo that has tap tempo?

Driven Crane likes this.
  2. Haven’t used it but I think the Diamond Tremolo has what your after.

arrowsun and Driven Crane like this.
  3. Although I don't have experience with it, Empress has a Tremolo with tap tempo.

arrowsun likes this.
  4. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    I have owned Empress. It is OK, but not so great as i wished it would be. Now i have Mobius, it is good but i would like to try Diamond. I believe it could be my weapon of choice.

arrowsun likes this.
  5. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    SA Vertigo.

6. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Wren & Cuff Sonder has tap tempo I think.

7. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    Cusack Tap a Whirl
    Catalinbread Semaphore Tap Tempo

8. Being and Bass

Being and Bass

Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    The EHX Super Pulsar has tap tempo and expression control (which you can set for any of 5 parameters, not just rate). I honestly don't know if this pedal lacks anything needed for tremolo and changed my playing.

9. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Malekko Sneak Attack is a fantastic tremolo, fully adjustable and tap tempo capable with an outside foot switch. You can adjust the shape in detail to get a heavy chop or a gentle throb. Plus you get an auto envelope.

10. Bassheart365

Bassheart365 Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter