1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trey Gunn

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by beaverteeth92, Aug 31, 2008.

1. beaverteeth92

beaverteeth92

Nov 1, 2007
    Does Trey Gunn ever use a normal bass? Or does he only play Warr Guitar?

Anyway, I love his work with King Crimson. I always thought he was overshadowed by Tony Levin way too much (Levin is way better than Gunn.)

2. I don't care what he plays. I only care about what he plays with what he plays. (If that makes any sense).

I've actually can't recall seeing his play a standard bass guitar, but he most certainly plays one. Love his basslines on Construcktion of Light.

3. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    ^^^ ConstruKction Of Light credits Gunn with "Warr Guitar, Fretless Warr Guitar, & Baritone Guitar" ...no bass. Before he got into Warr Guitars he played Chapman Stick. Ostensibly he was a bass player way back in his pre-fame days, but by the time he hooked up with Robert Fripp in the League Of Crafty Guitarists (late 1980's?) he was already a STick player exclusively.

4. By bass lines, I meant his actual playing as opposed to the instrument (the Warr serving as the "bass" instrument).

5. Apparently, he started out by playing both bass and guitar, but wasn't satisfied with either, and then found the stick and it all made sense to him.