1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tribute ASAT bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lizardwizard28, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Ok, ok, that might have been misleading, sorry! Also, even though I looked, i couldnt find a related thread. I just wanted to know how many of you would be all over a G&L tribute series ASAT bass? Im still holding out for them to release one. Im not made of money so i cant really afford a US model unless one pops up used in the $800-900 range. Maybe one day ill save enough loot and order a custom job. Im thinking orange metallic flake over suger pine, bound body, gun oil satin birdseye/flame neck. Maybe a blend pot in lieu of the pickup switch? Oh dreams.... but seriously G&L, tribute ASAT!

2. Dominic DeCosa

Dominic DeCosa Habitual Line-Stepper Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 9, 2008
    Vero Beach, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    Make it a 5 string and I'd be all over it. Love my L2500 tribute, but the ASAT is much more eye catching.

3. qervo

qervo

May 18, 2011
    G&L are great basses . I say get it

4. Haha! No doubt that they are great! My favorite to be exact. Ive owned a few, US and tribute, and I currently own a tribute invader xl guitar. Im just hoping they release an ASAT bass in the tribute line, i cant really afford the US model. Especially since the ASAT comes in $200-300 more than the l-2000 brand new. The l-2000 is gorgeous, and to me near perfect. I just think the ASAT is quite the looker, even though I wasnt to crazy about it when I first discovered G&L 10 years ago. I think a $700-800 tribute ASAT, even with the p style neck (which i love) would be a great value.

5. mystic38

mystic38

Dec 4, 2012
    Mystic CT
    if thats what you want then dont expect it on a Tribute.. save and wait :)

6. Lalo

Lalo

Sep 11, 2003
    San Antonio Texas
    i own a US G&L Asat bass, and i love it, now if they had tribute series on those? geeezzz ill get plenty more of them, as of now im looking into getting a 2nd G&L Asat bass but in a different color as i have, maybe also a fretless since those play like butter, all in all the G&L Asat bass is for me the greatest Bass ever made IMHO, I've had Ernie ball basses, Rickenbackers, Fenders, Ibanez and for me the ASAT bass is the best i've ever had, thanks to my bro who is a guitarist which initially recommended me such beauty, fell in love with the sight and as soon as i tried one out fell in love with its beautiful sound. SOOO SEXY lol. :bassist:

7. Um, thats not what I expect from a tribute....thats what i would expect if i was buying a CUSTOM US MODEL. Im well aware what the tribute options are, thanks.

8. Oh i wasnt trying to be a jerk btw, im very satisfied with the tribute options, which are plenty considering the price range. A G&L US is the only custom bass i would buy, im generally satisfied with standard options on most instruments.