Trip Wamsley Solo Show Last Night

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by doc540, Jan 7, 2005.

1. doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    I suggest you become familiar with this bassist if you haven't already.

Solo bass show last night...

After about an hour of listening to Trip, I reached up and touched my jaws with both hands, realizing they were aching from grinning so long and so hard.

Trip and his music are that good. I felt like a child, silly, happy, awestruck, amazed, and just plain having more fun than I could stand.

And if bass tone can get any better, I'm just not sure I could handle it. I found myself just throwing my head back and laughing from the joy of the sound alone.

That's Trip on the right, I'm the goggle-eyed goofy geezer.
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Doc54, it's good to see another seasoned bass lover. Is that Trip's bass? It is one pretty Alembic!
  3. doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Yep, I think they made that one for Trip.

After he finished playing it we got a good laugh when I called from the crowd, "Don't forget to turn your lights off!"

It has an LED system marking the frets, and, of course, he doesn't need or use them, but I kidded him about it having major BLING!

4. wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    I've met Trip a few times and he's a monster bass player and great guy. I'm surprised his is not a household name yet as he is one of the few I've seen lately that combine chops with taste.

Check out his stuff. I highly recommend it!