True bypass phase pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by funkedupbass, May 25, 2005.

1. Just wondering who makes a true bypass phase pedal (possibly one for bass) that won't suck my tone and levels through ass and back?
    thanks,
    eric
    funkedupbasss@hotmail.com

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Akai Intelliphase

3. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
  4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've tried it I prefer the akai to it, as a phaser, the filter in it is awesome.

There are some cool options with the pigtronix but none seemed to do anything for me really.

I'm not a huge phaser fan.

5. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    EHX Small Stone. It's true bypass, and sounds great on bass. It's kind of a one-trick pony, but that one trick does work well.

Ya know, apart from the possible exception on the multieffect real-estate developments, I don't know of a single phase designed solely around Bass...

6. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    Akai Intelliphase sounds damn sweet on bass, although I could never find a use for it in our music, so I sold it to my guitarist.

7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    The Red Witch moon phaser has a true bypass and appears to be one of the best options out there for bass- though not cheap.

8. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I love my EXH Small Stone. True, it is kinda one-trick-ponyish, but that's fine with me since with pedals I want to just set it and forget it, otherwise I'll be tweaking forever. :)

9. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i just posted samples of the Red Witch here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180944

Hopefully they are working right now. i screwed them up before i sent them to James Hart to host, so its not his fault that they dont work.

Total analog phaser. its expensive but you get a free tremolo pedal with it. ;)