Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

True bypass phase pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by funkedupbass, May 25, 2005.

1. Just wondering who makes a true bypass phase pedal (possibly one for bass) that won't suck my tone and levels through ass and back?
    thanks,
    eric
    funkedupbasss@hotmail.com

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
  3. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
  4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've tried it I prefer the akai to it, as a phaser, the filter in it is awesome.

There are some cool options with the pigtronix but none seemed to do anything for me really.

I'm not a huge phaser fan.

5. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    EHX Small Stone. It's true bypass, and sounds great on bass. It's kind of a one-trick pony, but that one trick does work well.

Ya know, apart from the possible exception on the multieffect real-estate developments, I don't know of a single phase designed solely around Bass...

6. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    Akai Intelliphase sounds damn sweet on bass, although I could never find a use for it in our music, so I sold it to my guitarist.

7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    The Red Witch moon phaser has a true bypass and appears to be one of the best options out there for bass- though not cheap.

8. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I love my EXH Small Stone. True, it is kinda one-trick-ponyish, but that's fine with me since with pedals I want to just set it and forget it, otherwise I'll be tweaking forever. :)

9. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i just posted samples of the Red Witch here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180944

Hopefully they are working right now. i screwed them up before i sent them to James Hart to host, so its not his fault that they dont work.

Total analog phaser. its expensive but you get a free tremolo pedal with it. ;)