1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trussart Steelcaster

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VarlotTheHarlot, Jan 19, 2014.

1. VarlotTheHarlot

VarlotTheHarlot

Dec 12, 2013
    Discuss!

I've checked, there hasn't been a thread in a while.

So, what's the opinion on these basses? Like the look/idea?

Anyone played one or even own one?

What's the tone like from a metal bass? (Get your best bass for metal jokes in here)

I think they are stunning looking bass'. I'd love to own one, but for 5-6k I'd definitely be in trouble!

Maybe one day:p

2. eloann

eloann

May 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    I have a Loïc Le Pape, which is incidentally for sale

[​IMG]

The tone is solid with singing non-harsh overtones - I should make samples some day. No noise at all from single coils since the whole body is shielding. Not the lightest nor the heaviest bass around at ~4.4kg.

3. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Weight will be an issue. Metal can produce decent tone just ask regal and dobro- but those are hollow and still weigh a ton!

4. VarlotTheHarlot

VarlotTheHarlot

Dec 12, 2013
    But I bet we aren't in the same country eloan.

Also I'm not allowed to buy a new bass this month :p

She's nice though.

5. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!!

Dec 7, 2011
    Seattle, WA
  6. bottomend!

bottomend!

Oct 23, 2007
    here
    I tried out a few of these basses at the recent NAMM show. Very impressive feel overall ( on the heavy side of course!)and great sounding as well (what I could hear in the mayhem that is NAMM, that is). The shop is located about 1/2 mile from my house so I've got to get over there and give 'em a real audition...

7. faivy

faivy

Nov 23, 2004
    Montreal
    I own and play a Rusty Steelcaster. It is the only Active bass I own. P/J config. The weight isn't bad and the sound and playability is excellent. Mine has a bound neck. I'm not sure why he does not do that too often. Well worth 3K compared to other custom builds.