1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tube Preamp in Amplifier effekt send/return good idear ????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Christiansspand, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Hi All

I was just wondering if anybody could give me some hints as to how you use the effekt send/return on an amp

I got this idear into my head that it would be cool to plug in a small tube preamp like the " ART TUBE MP " in to the effekt loop to give my transistor amp a warmer feel

any objections/Idears out there ?

Christian

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Yeah, I've thought about doing this too.

Amp effects send-->Art Tube MP input, Art Tube MP output-->amp effects return, then adjust the levels on the amp and the Art so that there's no distortion.

Is THIS the Art Tube MP model that you are using?

3. It really depends on your definition of 'warm'. I've had good results using an EHX Black finger like that- you can get a bit of tube OD and compression but creates a little bit of hiss in certain settings.

4. ok thx for the input I'm gonna fool around with it and let you know what my results was
    ; )