Tuff Bag v Bobelock. What do we think?

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by J_Engel, Sep 20, 2021.

1. J_Engel

J_Engel

Nov 5, 2018
    We’re living in a post Mooradian world, and I need a new case. Bobelock looks good and is $200 cheaper than Tuff Bag! Anyone have experience with Bobelock? I’m curious to know how they hold up, specifically if the padding lasts. Thanks!

2. mooseonbass

mooseonbass

Jun 24, 2011
    Boston
    I really like the Bobelock but have only had it a couple of years. Seems rugged.

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    My Bobelocks are 15 years old and going strong.

LittleJon1 and lrhbass like this.
  4. John Chambliss

John Chambliss Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    My Bobelock is 10 years old and in great shape. (I still say it’s heavy though because of the padding.)

johnny_bolt and lrhbass like this.
  5. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    My Bobelock has held up well, although I don’t gig often enough for it to get really heavy use.

It’s well padded and well made.

6. I like my Tuff Bag. Then again, I paid a lot of money for it.

7. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    I picked up a Bobelock, roughly a week ago, from the Double Bass Workshop in Madison. Of course I can't say how it will hold up over the decades, but at least I've had it out to a rehearsal and a couple of gigs.

It replaced a 20 year old TKL bag that will go to the new owner of my Kay.

Anyway, the Bobelock fits my bass nicely. I was a bit nervous about it fitting into my car, which is pretty tight, but it was fine. It rides high enough that it doesn't interfere with shifting gears. Lots of convenient handles, that appear to be strongly attached. An amusing quirk is that it opens on the opposite side of the TKL, and I've accidentally put my bass in backwards a couple of times. So I have to re-learn my habits, but I can't think of a reason why it would be a problem.

I recommend it.

Chris Fitzgerald likes this.
  8. Earl

Earl Supporting Member

Bobelock

lrhbass likes this.
  9. bassmanbrent

bassmanbrent Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    I have no experience with Bobelocks but I think the Tuff Bags are excellent and priced well for what they are.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2021