Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tuning Keys

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by rawlsjk, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Hey everyone, are there any franchise music stores that sell tuning keys? I contacted the manufacturer of my bass (Raven West Guitars) and they don't sell their parts separately. So, my next move was to see if anyone else sells them. Thanks in advance for you time and assistance. Peace!

Jason

2. Thanks a lot Hambone!!

Jason

3. How can I tell what keys are right for my bass? I have a peavey Tl six with 4 on left side and two (g and c) on the right side

4. There are 2 basic styles of tuning keys - sealed like the Gotoh's (yours) and open gear like the Schallers (Fender). Inside of the sealed tuner realm, I've seen tuners that had the bushing thread on the outside of the gear casing and also the opposite. The diameters should be the same or similar. The other consideration for you is getting 4 for the left and 2 for the right. Several of the parts houses sell tuners individually for making sets to match odd combinations like this.

Good Luck

5. JAL

JAL

Dec 15, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Also, the wonderfully (usually) helpful people at Warmoth can answer specific questions.
    best of times embarking on your gear journey.